“Few choices in the great white north” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake

You added Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   455 Government Rd W, Kirkland Lake, Ontario P0K1AO, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kirkland Lake
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Few choices in the great white north”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

There were 2 in fact, this proved to be the better one. Decent sized rooms, clean but dated yet with flat screen TV in the 'renovated' lower level of the hotel....would recommend this over the non renovated upper level. Staff was pleasant and helpful, only problem was a heater unit that pumped out good heat initially but gave up during the night and chilled us out good! Be prepared for Las Vegas style prices in this part of the country.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CN274, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your kind comments regarding the service and cleanliness of your room. I will be sure to share them with my front desk and housekeeping staff. I do apologize for the problems you experienced with the heating unit in your room and can assure you that maintenance has dealt with the issue. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Comfort Inn for your recent trip. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Not many choice's in the area. Staff friendly but rooms very old & weathered and not so clean. Uncomfortable with the "business" going on in the rooms so had safety issues.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
CN274, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
We appreciate your feedback! I was happy to hear that you found the staff to be friendly. I was however disappointed that you were not as happy with your room. Many of our rooms have been completely renovated! May I suggest that in the future you request a groundfloor executive room as these have many additional amenities, patio door access and have been recently refurbished. Please be assured that we offer a safe environment and certainly do not encourgae any sort of business being conducted at our hotel. If you wish to discuss the details of your comments, please feel free to call me directly. Again, we thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you in the furture.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Although the Comfort in (maybe only some rooms) are a little tired - the rooms we stayed in December was clean and comfortable. It did have a bit of dinner smell from the last resident - but I know that the miners stay there through the week - and make valuable use of the microwave and the fridge that's provided - saves so much money for them. So - all in all - it was fine. Cost was a little dear - but as mentioned - supply and demand causes prices to go up.

The breakfast was great before our trip back to Ottawa - a large variety of different things to fill the belly

Staff was great - very professional and so nice. The one lady even gave us a lovely tip on the waffles (which were amazing) -

Perhaps in the future - the funds will be there to do a little upgrading - but you have to remember that some of the businesses in KL have had along draughts of slow times - What the hotel and the town seem for some "rustic" - the people up North - are friendly, amazing and very special

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
CN274, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Good Morning!
Thank you so much for reviewing our property following your stay with us in December! I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and that the staff provided great service! I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. I have also reinforced with housekeeping the need to be sure rooms are odour free and I do hope that if you stay with us in the future, this does not happen again.

Many of our ground floor rooms have been extensively renovated and upgraded over the last few years. We are hoping to see more renovations and additional amenities going forward! Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn. We truly appreciate and value your business!

Selena Graham
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I have to say the prospect of a 1 week stay in Kirkland Lake was not on my priority list of places to visit but duty called for a business trip. After an 8 hour drive I just wanted to check-in and relax. I had the pleasure of meeting Glen who was very welcoming and friendly in a genuine way....not something typically found in big city hotels and inns. The room was clean and comfortable and had all the amenities for a pleasant stay. It was better than expected and I would not hesitate to go back. The staff throughout my week stay were very friendly and helpful and were quick to offer advice for places to eat and to visit.

Room Tip: Choose the business wing - the microwave and the fridge came in handyduring the week.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
CN274, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I was very happy to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the room clean and comfortable. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Our executive rooms do have many extra amenities to make our guests stays more enjoyable and I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I don't know why all of the reviews I read about this place have been so great. Really, the place smelled of disinfectant and Febreeze throughout, and it really was only so-so. However, your options in Kirkland Lake are LIMITED and as far as I'm aware this is the best place in town. Good location though, near Tim Hortons, and free continental breakfast in the morning is a nice touch. Beware - you'll have to pass the employees smoking and talking in front of the front door (there's even been lawn chairs and a swinging chair placed outside the front door for their smoking/talking comfort) in order to get in or out of the place. But rustic is what you get in Kirkland Lake. Big time.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the back.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
CN274, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
We appreicate your comments and the time you took to share them on Trip Advisor! It was disappointing to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your acommodations. Employees should not be chatting and smoking near guest entrances and I will certaininly address ths issue. I was happy to heat that you found our location and over all hotel to be the best in town. We look forward to your next stay and hope that it will be to your satisfaction.
Newcastle, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

This small Inn is akin to an oasis in a desert because it IS the ONLY decent Inn available for quite a ways around. I've read the reviews & agree with most of what was already said. The high cost however reflects the supply & demand policy of the Company/owners & NOT of the management.
Contrary to a review I read on here a while back, there is absolutely NO foul odour in or around the Inn. I've stayed there several times & enjoyed my stay every time.

Room Tip: If a 1st floor room is needed, reserving ahead of time is recommended.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel! We were happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us. Our staff are committed to providing the best possible service and clean rooms. We look forward to welcoming you again!
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Ok, so not ALL of our destinations are glamorous!!! This time our trip took us to Kirkland Lake in northern Ontario. The travellers were me, my boyfriend and his Mum. The hotel staff were super friendly and very accommodating. They ensured we had a ground floor room so Mum didn't have to climb stairs and they provided us with two double beds. This was a change from the original reservation made a month prior as some plans changed. The room was spotless and the linen was crisp and fresh. It was a short stay but we did enjoy the included, handy continental breakfast, the free high speed Internet access, convenient parking right outside our sliding door and the flat screen TV. We would recommend this hotel in every way.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
CN274, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experiance at our hotel! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay! Your comments about the service and cleanliness of the room are appreciated and I will be sure to share them with my staff. Thank you for staying with us when you were in Kirkland Lake! We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Sincerely

Selena Graham

Been to Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake? Share your experiences!