“Wonderful Anniversary Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Kingsville
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in Kingsville's historic train station, Mettawas Station provides a relaxed atmosphere with its historic charm, to dine or just enjoy a cocktail. With the Canada Chrysler Greenway passing next to the building, trail enthusiasts can stop enroute and enjoy a bite to eat. Executive Chef Anthony uses local seasonal ingredients in his menu which is filled with appetizers, pastas, steaks, seafood and much more. All menu items are prepared with and Italian Mediterranean flare. Pair the food with a local wine from our list, a cold craft beer or a tasty cocktail and you will have a pleased palate. Don't forget to save room for dessert as well and a cappuccino or espresso! We look froward to seeing you soon!
Wallaceburg, Canada
“Wonderful Anniversary Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Cosy atmosphere with beautiful patio.(We opted out of the patio dining because of the bothersome wasps this time of year). Staff are friendly and our waitress was excellent. We had our appetizers before we even chose our main course! We had the Sicilian Arancini which was different but very good. Our friend had the escargot and enjoyed it as well. I had the sweet potato and roasted red pepper soup, so yummy! The guys had the chicken and egg drop soup. For the main course, I had Penne Athena, very good but couldn't finish it all, my husband had the veal marsala, which I tasted and don't usually eat veal, and it was also very good. Our friends had the Linguine Pescatore and the Lasagna and they both enjoyed their meals very much too. They bring homemade, warm ciabatta bread with oil dip, could have eaten more of that but then would not have been able to eat anything else! For dessert my husband and I shared a peach cheesecake and our friends the Molten Chocolate Smokestaff, which were also very good. All in all, a very pleasant discovery and would definitely go there again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

ontario
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We had reserved outside on the patio however hot and humid. We were able to get a nice location in the dinning room.
There were 8 of us and we ordered dinner as well as a bottle of wine. The wine could have been cooled a bit more. We finished our salads before the bread was brought to our table as they bake it on the premises. Perhaps a few loaves baked before would not have made us wait until we were eating our main course. However is was hot and delicious!
Plenty of food a very tasty and fresh. Will return

Visited August 2013
Windsor, Canada
“Yummy dinner on patio after 32 km bike ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This restaurant is on the Chrysler Canada Greenway which currently can be biked from Windsor to Colasanti's in Ruthven. After spending part of afternoon visiting local wineries by bike (Mastronardi, Pelee, Black Bear & Cooper's Hawk are nearby) we enjoyed a relaxing and yummy meal( 2 had steak, one perch and the 4th chose one of the italian entrees ) . Our order somehow got mixed up , but they fixed it within a reasonable time. I do not have a sweet tooth, but was wowed by the 2 bites of cheesecake that I tried. All good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chamblee, Georgia, United States
“Definite Destination!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

You don't need a train to get to this beautiful destination for a wonderful meal. Once you arrive at the restored station, be prepared to "get your ticket punched" with outstanding food. I had fried green tomatoes which were to die for, better than any I've ever had in my home area of the southeastern US, which is the origin of this type of food. The pasta dishes are authenic and tasty.

Although the restaurant was very busy on a Saturday evening, the owner Janet (husband Chef Tony was busy working his magic in the kitchen) chatted with us for a few minutes. Delightful and hardworking folks who deserve to keep fine dining alive in this location for many years.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Windsor, Canada
“Tasty dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at this charming restaurant with another couple last Saturday night. We all enjoyed our meals, and thought that the drive to Kingsville was well worth it. Fresh bread was served with oil dip after placing our order. We all had soup, French Onion, or corn chowder, and salad. My husband had stuffed sole, and our brother-in-law had steak. Our sister had lasagne and I had tortilini (which had been highly recommended to me). We all left full, without needing dessert, and pasta in doggy bags. The restaurant was very busy, with patrons inside as well as out on the patio, as the weather was lovely. We look forward to returning.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere