“Wines are Over-priced for the Qulaity” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Attractions in Kingsville
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
Windsor,Ontario,
141 attraction reviews
“Wines are Over-priced for the Qulaity”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is a winery still in need of some quality wines. They try and they try to produce wines of mediocore quality (don't be fooled by all the "Awards"). They will eventually succeed but they may have to sacrifice somewhat on price in the short-run for a lonegr-run quality gain. Taste the wines, praise them if yoiu wish, but be careful--some do not travel well.

Visited May 2012

“Much better wineries nearby”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

This winery experience was a big disappointment to us. We had visited several other wineries in the Kingsville-Colchester area where both the wines were better and the staff nicer and more knowledeable. The staff did a poor job of explaining what differentiated their wines from other wineries and regions. They appeared to lack any formal training beyond having drank the wine before. The wines themselves were mediocre at best. Also the setting was disappointing compared to other local wineries. Try View Pointe or Sprucewood for the views and Pelee Island for the professionalism. I would not recommend this winery to anyone with taste.

WineGoddesss, Owner at Mastronardi Estate Winery, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Sorry its taken so long to post a response to this feed back. It's always been apparent to me that most of the negative feed back comes from people who maliciously and purposely want to tarnish the reputation of others. If this wasn't your first and only review I would give it more credibility. This does not justify a response to our defence. All I have to say is KARMA!
Leamington
5 attraction reviews
“Great wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Mastronardi Winery offers great wine tasting, great wine and very nice staff would recommend a visit if in town to purchase a great wine

Visited April 2012
London
14 attraction reviews
“Forget Niagara - Very Welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We have done many wine tours in the Niagara region and have never received such a warm welcome at any of them. The young lady that looked after us was very knowledgeable. The tastings were in glasses, not plastic, and they were generous pours. We had a good opportunity to actually taste and savor the samples. She gladly opened bottles of everything that we wanted to sample. Their generous treatment paid off as our trunk was almost full when we left

Visited March 2012
Windsor, Canada
“I would not suggest them, very rude customer service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I would like to mention that I did not actually visit Mastronardi Estate Winery, only dealt with them over the phone.

Unfortunately, my experience with Mastronardi Estate Winery was not a pleasant one. My girlfriend and I decided to buy a Groupon for a wine tasting Seminar valued at $80 for two people. The groupon voucher explains we must call Mastronardi and book our wine tasting at least 3 days in advance. It also says we can book our seminar on Thursday evenings or Weekends during business hours. The voucher expires on January 31, 2012. We were only able to go on Thursday evenings since we both worked on weekends. Well when we called, we were told that thursdays were no longer available. The Mastronardi Estate Winery employee then explained that she would accommodate us rather then give us a refund. She also said she would call us back. Two weeks went by, and we heard nothing. Finally, we decided to call back. Another Mastronardi employee answered and told us that thursdays had been cancelled, she did not have the authority to accommodate us, and she would contact her manager and get back to us. The next day came, we still heard nothing, feeling annoyed, we called back. The Mastronardi employee was very rude and told us we had to book our seminar on the weekend or not book it at all. We then spook to the owner and she began to tell us that thursdays had been cancelled due to lack of interest and didn't seem to care that we couldn't attend a seminar, she also said and I quote "What do you want me to do about it? I'm not doing anything that would make you happy" and then used profanity and hung up the phone.
In my opinion, when it comes to running a business. Customer service and satisfaction is of most importance. We paid for a Wine Tasting Seminar at Mastronardi Estate Winery which we did not get. Not only did Mastronardi Estate Winery fail to accommodate us, but when they couldn't accommodate us, they failed to give us any compensation. That being said I will never deal with Mastronardi Estate Winery and I would recommend avoiding them.

Visited January 2012
WineGoddesss, Owner at Mastronardi Estate Winery, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Hello Brian,

I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier to your negative feed back regarding a Groupon offer that you purchased for a wine seminar at Mastronardi Estate Winery. Let me begin, we get many confused patrons who frequent Groupon offers that don't realize our dates are posted on our website in great detail to avoid exactly what you are describing. I'm certain, had you checked the website like every one else there would be no need for your confusion as it would be made very clear.
I have no doubt if for some reason the schedule posted conflicted with your dates available you would have been told to call Groupon for a full refund. You did not purchase this offer from us - it was purchased through Groupon so therefore there was no compensation to be had.
Also, I have a very difficult time believing that I would have spoken to you with profanity and hang up. That is NOT my nature or that of my staff.
I hope you have been able to recoup your monies from Groupon.