“Poor Service” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Colchester, Ontario, Canada
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My wife, daughter and I visited Koi in Kingsville tonight.
We were seated promptly and had our drink orders taken promptly by the woman who seated us. We then waited approx. 15 minutes for our server to show up. When we went to place our order she told us that we have to write it down on the pieces of paper provided on the table. We weren't told that before, but if that's how they do it fair enough, so I wrote down our order. She walked by our table NUMEROUS times afterwards and never stopped by our table to take the order I had written down. We waited 15 minutes... no server. At this point my wife and daughter left the restaurant as I waited to pay for the drink order, we were leaving.
After a couple of minutes of our server still not coming by our table I told the woman who had seated us, as she was delivering some food to the table next to me, that I would like to pay for the drink order and that we were leaving. After a minute our server finally came to the table and asked "I'm sorry, is there something wrong?". I explained that we had been waiting for over 15 minutes for her to pick up our order after she had told me I had to write it down. Her reply was "I didn't see it on the table". Apparently it never occurred to her to come by the table and ASK if our order was ready instead of relying on physically seeing the small piece of paper(which I had in my hand). I told her that waiting 30+ minutes in a restaurant to not even have our sever take our order is too long and that we were leaving. I asked for my bill, gave her the cash while she was at the table and left.

We walked down the road one block and went into a restaurant called Vernon's.
Walked in, sat down, order taken and food on the table in under 20 minutes.
Thank you Vernon's!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

ontario
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Have been here several times . Most recent noticed they have changed to tea bags instead of loose leaves.
Food is still ood and tasty.
Moving to their new digs next door. A bit more room.

Visited April 2013
Kingsville, Canada
“Very very cozy....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great food ! The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The staff is wonderful. Food is very very fresh and served to perfection. You would never know that a little town could have such a great place!

Visited August 2012
Windsor, Canada
“Sushi? but I don't eat raw fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Sushi is not only raw fish. You only eat raw fish IF you ORDER raw fish. At Koi in Kingsville on Main Street, the vegetable tempura is scrumptious. The lettuce cup chicken appetizer is yummy. You can order vegetable, seafood, chicken all types of rolls. They even have a sushi making class that a group of you can book for a party and have fun while you eat! Their sauces are on par with Nico's. A variety of choices for everyone. Try it!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Can't go wrong!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Koi LaSalle since they have opened, and will continue to recommend it to everyone! Extremely friendly staff, and I love the sushi! The restaurant atmosphere is very cozy and comfortable. They even have a $20 all you can eat option for anytime! It is definitely the best all you can eat sushi I've had. They're sauces are amazing too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere