“Dont waste your money” 1 of 5 stars
Review of 4 Bears Casino & Lodge

4 Bears Casino & Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Town
4 Bears Casino & Lodge
You added 4 Bears Casino & Lodge to your Saves list
202 Frontage Road, New Town, ND 58763   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in New Town
Des Moines, Iowa
“Dont waste your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Generally casinos are a trucker friendly business... not this one. After staying and parking there for 2 nights, we were told if we parked our rigs there again we would be kicked out of our rooms. We were forced to park 5 miles away and pay for transportation to and from our trucks. The rooms were in dire need of an update, and I personally waited 10 minutes to get a drink at the bar on a tuesday night. You would think after purchasing 3 nights stay for 6 people, gambling money (losing of course), buying food and drinks you would get treated better. If im ever back in the area i would rather drive to Bismark rather than stay at this hole again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Minot, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times due to working in the area. The biggest problem is the horrible customer service. I walked up to the desk and waited several minutes for the guy sitting there to take his headphones off. He just stared at me until I asked if there were any rooms available. There is no excuse for such poor customer service. The rooms are filthy. The carpets appear to have never seen a vacuum. The bathrooms are usually fairly clean, but every room I have ever stayed in has either a cracked sink, cracked tub, tiles missing off the floor, and so on. The rooms are very dark, I assume to hide the dirt. They must have replaced some mattresses lately, the last time I was there the bed was very comfortable. The food at the buffet is sub par, especially for the price (17.99). I would recommend the hamburger stand next door. There are very few ashtrays on the gaming floor, and the ones a person can find are full. Trash can be found between every machine. I have seen people walking around pushing garbage cans, occasionally picking up empty beer bottles. As for gaming, the machines seem average among all casinos I have been to. There are some really fun table games dealers, if you enjoy some laid back Texas Hold'em this is a good place. Reminds me of sitting around a table with my buddies in the garage!
All in all, if you are looking to go stay at a casino and do a little gamblling for the weekend, this is not the place to go. But, if you are debating between sleeping in your car or staying here, I'd stay here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Saskatoon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I just thought that I would write you a letter regarding your Hotel portion of the 4 Bears Casino. For the last three times I have tried to book reservations with your hotel at the casino for a weekend stay. In which for my pleasure of gambling my money.

Two years ago I tried to book a reservation for Sept only to find that you was sold out. In which case I booked and traveled to Deadwood, SD for the Weekend. And spent over 10,000.00 Dollars Gambling at their casinos. You see I know how much I gamble because i have Players Club Cards for the places I go.

Last year I tried booking reservations for your hotel to find out it was sold out again. This time I traveled to Bismark to stay at the Native Run Casino an hour out of town. To Gamble my $15,000.00 Dollars their.

You see i do quite a bit of gambling and I like to stay at the hotel that is connected with the Casino. I don't want to travel out of a motel to go to the Casino. When you travel with wife and kids. It just does not work well that way. As to compared to staying in the Hotel.

Now I have tried to book another reservation for May 21 and May 22. Only to find that you have been booked up since Last Year.
I have to say that is Three Strikes for 4 Bears Casino now. I will have to take my business elsewhere and tell all my friends that do travel down south that Accommodations with 4 Bears Casino can never be Met.

I would suggest that 4 Bears Casino Defiantly look at a large Expansion to there Hotel before they loose all out of town business permanently.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Casino is small and really packed with machines... The front desk of the hotel is nice but the customer service is really slow. We came early but had to wait to check in along with many other people. At the front desk was three women. One sitting in the attached office area, one lingering around, and one trying to check everyone in . Very slow and I mean slow, with the other two not helping @ all. The rooms are large but out dated the bath tub drain was all rusted and the rooms are not very clean. Our TV was so small about a 19 inch. I think some rooms are being updated so ask for one of those. The pool area is large all cement not very attractive . The hot tub was really green so no one dared go in. It really needs a good cleaning and face lift.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Larose, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

Okay I don’t even know where to begin… I did not stay at the lodge but will NEVER give a penny to place ever again! My husband bought 4 tickets to a concert at the players club which were $40 a piece.. Upon checking my bank statement, I realized that they charged my card 5 TIMES for the $160 purchase.. This drafted my account $640 over what should have been, for total charges of $800.
I am a manager of two hotels in the New Orleans area so I do understand that people can make mistakes. Upon calling to try and resolve this issue, I was sent to numerous voice mails and left various messages where of course no one called me back.. Becoming irritated of course I demanded to speak to a manager because I needed this huge mistake fixed.. Nothing happened, so I began telling the workers what had happened, I had mixed reactions: one employee told me it was a simple mistake, where my reply was $5 is a simple mistake not taking $640 that was not authorized and if it was such a simple mistake then it should be a simple fix.. Another person informed me that it was just a hold and would be released in 4 to 6 weeks!!!! I couldn’t believe these people and then I had people who just would laugh and hang up on me..
Now being a manger I know that all it takes is a simple short business letter typed to the bank stating the error and that the bank can release the hold (because a hold does in fact take the funds out of peoples accounts and can overdraft you & I can’t speak for other people but almost a $700 unexpected charge was not something that I was ready for).
So if you love idiots handling your money and providing customer service for you, you would definitely love this place.. For it is going on 6 days and I have yet to be contacted by someone or have talked to someone who has a clue..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

drive an extra few hours and go to Devils Lake or into minesota. Four bears is a dive. Stayed one night. The carpet in our room was filthy, the bathroom door didnt close, there were holes in the walls, the tv volume didnt work properly, the clock radio, and the tub was badly burned, the elevator the hallways were filthy. . the restaurant advertised prime rib that night but when we went to eat they didnt have it, the steaks they cooked for us you couldnt chew. The casino, no staff, long line ups, very smokey, change machines didnt work, the slot machines wouldnt take our money, every time we went up to get a drink the prices changed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

We waited at least 5 minutes at an empty front desk for someone to check us in, even though we could hear someone in the office chatting. The room was fairly spacious, but the bathroom was very cramped and could have used a better cleaning. The fan in the bathroom didn't work at all and the beds weren't very comfortable. The door to the room was very thin and every sound from the hallway came right in. The large parking lot in front of the casino didn't have any lighting at night (there were lights, but they were all off), which was a bit sketchy.

I know there are not a lot of options for hotels in this part of the state, and I didn't have very high expectations, but this was a bit worse than I expected.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to 4 Bears Casino & Lodge? Share your experiences!