“Food was average, menu was limited. Not a great selection. Preferred the old Rideau Restaurant of 5 years ago menu instead.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The New Rideau Restaurant

Cuisines: Dutch, International, Canadian, Fish & Chips, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Preferred the old Rideau Restaurant menu of 5 years ago. Better selection and awesome Chinese food.Food was average, with a limited selection. Menu could have been larger.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kemptville, Canada
“Lunch across the bridge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The New rideau Restaurant is just across the bridge from where I live. I have been eager to try the food since the new management took over. I had also heard good things about the food. My wife and I enjoyed a very pleasant lunch today. Our server was a young man named Joost. He did an excellent job looking after us. The food was delivered promptly and the coffee cups were always full. As in most cases where I try a new restaurant, I ordered the clubhouse sandwich. My wife had the onion soup. The clubhouse sandwich was excellent. The fries were great. There is not much else one can say about that. For desert we shared the pannacotta. Now, I have never eaten a pannacotta. Perhaps it is a Dutch traditional desert. I will enjoy this desert many more times in the future, and I may not be inclined to share.

The staff were very friendly, and everything was handled very professionally. The washrooms were very clean and there was lots of room to move around in. The restaurant will have a patio section once the weather starts cooperation. The food was not overpriced.

I was very pleased with The New Rideau Restaurant, and I will be back.

Rick B.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“New Management”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

New management, décor, menu. I have eaten here twice now, breakfast and dinner and both times the food was fantastic. Good prices, home made food. I had the fish and chips for dinner and it was awesome. Started off with bowl of tomato and meat ball soup that I could have eaten a barrel full it was so good. Family and friends that were with me all tried different items from the menu and we all left full and very satisfied. I have recommended this place to many other friends and they have all thanked me for it. Keep up the good work.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winchester, Canada
“Thumbs up!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Pictures look good but they can't show just how tasty the food is. Loved your evening menu and your special. I will be back to try breakfast and lunch and I will come up with a reason to go back for supper. Loved the atmosphere, the company and of course the food!

Visited February 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“The new Rideau Restaurant is worth a visit for breakfast, lunch or dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The Rideau Restaurant has reopened under new management. Any reviews prior to 2014 reflect previous incarnations of the restaurant and are not an accurate reflection of the new owners. The warmth and friendliness of owners and servers is a nice introduction. This was our third visit and the quality of food and service remains constantly good. Breakfast and lunch menus are varied and offer something for most folks. Various foods are very good and well priced. The dinner menu is also good and undergoing ongoing development and expansion. The influence of the owner's Dutch homeland should make for some interesting new additions that we are looking forward to trying. This visit was a stop for a quick bite. My wife had the vegetarian stir fry over linguini that was well prepared and tasty. There was a big enough serving to fill my wife's appetite with enough for me to enjoy some of it as well. I had what was one of the best French Onion soups I've had a a very long time. From this point forward whenever I feel a hankering for this soup I will be going to the new Rideau Restaurant for it. Service was friendly, helpful, and quick but not rushed. Prices are competitive. We recommend the new Rideau Restaurant and encourage them to feel free to add more Dutch items to all menus.

• Visited February 2014