“Always great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nakhon Thai Express

Nakhon Thai Express
2820 Hwy 43, Kemptville, Ontario K0G 1J0, Canada (Formerly Nakhon Thai Express)
+1 613-258-0096
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Kemptville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Nakhon Thai is family owned and operated. The owner and head Chef (Tan) comes from the South east coast of Thailand. Nakhon Si Thammarat. Tan personally makes all the sauces herself to ensure fresh and consistent meals every time. Enjoy Thai Cuisine in a modern fine dining environment in either of our two locations (Kemptville/Brockville). Take out also available. Gluten Free Menu Vegetarian Options All U can eat menu available SUN-MON night.
Kemptville, Ontario
“Always great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is my fav restaurant in Kemptville. Food is always fantastic and they take great care of their customers.

Toronto, Ontario
“An excellent choice for Thai!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was delighted when a relative of mine near Brockville suggested we dine at Nakhon Thai, telling me that it was a new Thai restaurant in Brockville, and sister to an exhausting Thai restaurant in Kemptville. We eat a LOT of Thai food in Toronto; many of the Thai restaurants seem to be run by Chinese cooks/families, since Thai is very trendy and tasty. I noted happily that Nakhon is actually run by Thai people! That's good, since our very favourite resto in Toronto (Sukhothai Thai on Parliament or on Front) is also run by "real" Thai people, with very tasty and consistent results.
The fried spring rolls were the only "down" note on the meal: they were mediocre, but the sauce was nice/from scratch (not as spicy as it is in Toronto, but that's no surprise).
We shared a red curry dish and a plate of Pad Thai (sharing is best!). Both were very well cooked, indeed. Very tasty and authentic. I didn't really want meat in my curry, so I asked about tofu instead of chicken, and if the chef could add basic too, but the chef used both chicken and tofu, and the basil was great, which was a pleasant surprise. I'd read in an earlier review that the chef here is willing to change dishes around a bit (so, if you are a vegetarian, be sure to indicate NO meat, just tofu LOL!)
The service was friendly and helpful. The meal was not slow (as it has been noted in previous reviews). Not rushed but not slow, either, so improvements have been made to the service, yay!
Decor is very nice, and it's SO convenient right on King Street near Wall.
Bravo!! I hope the food stays good; if so, lucky Brockville!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winchester, Ontario, Canada
“Great local Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I live locally and have been in several times for dinner. I've have great food and service every time so can't understand why anyone would have issues. I eat Thai in lots of great cities as I travel for work and fun - and the food I've had at Nakhon is right up there with the quality I've had in other places. It's a small spot and not grand or fancy, but perfectly comfortable, clean, easy parking and so on. We found our take-out soup serving really tiny, but that was the only disappointment on one take-out order. Otherwise have only eaten in the restaurant. Food is great, staff have been welcoming, very easy casual table service, and I even had a great glass of white wine last visit. Glad it's close to home and I'll be happy to keep going back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canada
“Excellent choices in Brockville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was recently travelling in the Brockville area of Ontario and decided to check out a new Thai restaurant someone had recommended; I though the food here was really good, and the service was excellent. I lived in Thailand for a number of years and knew what to expect, and this restaurant offers the real deal. Excellent soups. The owner came by my table (guy named Aaron) to ask if everything was okay at least twice during my meal, and I'm sure if I had had any complaints they would have been taken care of it immediately. He said they just opened and had few hiccups at first, but from what I saw, it seemed like it was all sorted. I think they might tone down the spices a bit to appeal more to the North American palate, but if you want to try it true Thai style, just let them know. Good location too, near the river, and nice décor. Highly recommend.

Aaron O, Owner at Nakhon Thai Express, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thanks for the review. Look forward to you dropping in next time you pass through.
kearney, ne
“Good Thai food at last to Brockville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have lived in Thailand and can honestly say the food at Nakhon Thai is excellent. Service was great and the prices right on. My partner is Thai and agrees that this Thai food is even better than Four Seasons in Chiang Mai. We could go there everyday. For good food, service, and an excellent atmosphere… as well as value, Treat yourself to this 5 star restaurant.

Aaron O, Owner at Nakhon Thai Express, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thanks for your review. Look forward to your next visit.