“Best place in Kap!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bakery, Coffee Shop, Canadian
Ontario
“Best place in Kap!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Myself and some work colleagues were in Kap last week and were recommended this little restaurant on "the circle" in town as a "jazzy little bistro".

It is a small little place with the menu on a blackboard across one wall, and you have to order and pay at the front counter. The chef cooks the meals in the open kitchen behind the front counter. There are a number of different coffees and teas offered on the counter / wall. It is a small little cozy place full of locals and repeats.

Our first time there was for lunch. I had the "Power Salad" which was recommended by the lovely lady at the front (who I regret to say I have forgotten her name). It was around $9 and had chicken, nuts, veggies, dried fruit and I chose a raspberry vinegarette. The lettuce was all dark leaves and it was so huge I couldn't finish it. My buddies had clubhouses and honestly the bread must have been sliced maybe 1 1/2" thick. Other menu items included salads, pizza, nachos, grilled cheese (I would have tried this next time, it was thick bread, choose your cheese, open-faced, looked awesome), a number of different sandwiches. Obviously choose your bread / meat / toppings etc....

So then of course we went back for breakfast, which is all day. I had the poached eggs on toast for around $5. Great! (Slightly over-cooked but I didn't specify "soft" at time of ordering). Came with ham and salad. My buddy had the big breakfast which included pancakes, eggs, bacon, toast, fruit..... When we went back the next morning he ordered "just" the pancakes as he couldn't eat the big one again and said the pancakes were so good!!

In short, we were in Kap three days, we ate there every day either / both breakfast and lunch. This was definitely the best place we ate while we were in Kap, and I wish this place was actually in the town where I live. I strongly recommend this place and would for sure be there any time I was in Kap.

EAT THERE!!!!!