“Romantic Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elm Hurst Inn & Spa

You added Elm Hurst Inn & Spa to your Saves list
Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Hwy 401 @ Harris Street, Ingersoll, Ontario N5C 3K1, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Ingersoll B&B and Inns
Brampton, Canada
“Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on Feb 15 and 16, 2014 and enjoyed our short getaway from a big city.
All people who serviced us were very professional and friendly. Room was great and clean. thanks to the General manager - Alon Gurman and sales manager Theresa Pinkerton we had a great time. we did not use the spa, but had dinner at the restaurant and it was absolutely delicious and great. I definitely recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Brittany L, Guest Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Ralsa S,

Thank you for your wonderful review in regards to your overnight stay during valentines weekend. We take pride in customer service to all of our guests and I am happy to hear that we met those expectations with your service.

We look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Milton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The food was excellent for the dinner and breakfast buffet! The rooms well decorated and clean, staff very professional and friendly. I did think that the spa amenities were much larger than they were. Thanks for a positive experience.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the building on the Upper floor, the view was of nature. Room 315
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Brittany L, Guest Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Benske2014,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Cambridge, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Four of us girls from school finally connected after 35 years and we picked this package to have fun, catch up with each other and relax! The room with two queen size beds is too small for this package as it includes either a manicure or pedicure done in your room. The spa girls had to sit on the floor to do our pedicure's while the manicure's were done with the spa person sitting on one bed while the client sat on the other bed. The lamp shade had to be removed so they could see what they were doing. The "gourmet" pizzas were delivered to our rooms but were not what we ordered and nothing was done about it when we called room service. The cheese and 8 crackers arrived shortly after the pizzas...wow 8 crackers 2 per person thank you! To sum it up we are planning on doing this every season but we will not be returning to this location, we traveled from Uxbridge, Whitby, Mississauga and Cambridge to feel like a group of sardines stuffed in a can something that we were not expecting!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room apparently they have them but we were told this upon check out!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
alon g, General Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Cat H,
Let me first thank you for your comments but apologize for your Pajama Party experience not meeting your expectations. This package is one of our most popular with the greatest reviews. In regards to our guest rooms, the Pajama Party is typically booked in our Standard Deluxe Inn Rooms with Two Queen Beds to accommodate everyone.
As you mentioned in room tips, you can certainly upgrade to one of our Premium Suites for an extra charge and is based on availability at time of booking. However, the Premium Suite does fit comfortable three people and not four which is what the package is designed for.

In regards to your pizza’s being delivered incorrectly we have communicated with our Executive Chef to ensure that this situation does not occur again.

Our Pajama Party Package is one of our more popular packages and we do have repeat clients. If you do consider enjoying this package again, please keep under consideration that the in room services can be provided in the Aveda Spa if you do not feel comfortable enjoying them in your guest room.
Again, I do apologize for not meeting your expectations and hope that this will not hinder you from returning to the Elm Hurst Inn & Spa.

Alon Gurman
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

The two of us were continuously reminded as to why we chose the Elmhurst as our weekend getaway, from the beautiful room to the excellent dining and equally excellent warm staff. Thank you Elmhurst for a fantastic stay.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Boobs 1231,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us. We look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Goderich, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We arrived mid-afternoon to find a wedding party in progress. In the midst of this the front desk staff welcomed and accommodated my wife and myself as though we were the king and queen and nothing and no one else mattered. Still not sure how they did that. Our dinner prepared by Chef was so delectable _ our diets were totally ignored at breakfast and Sunday brunch as well . We availed ourselves to the spa Saturday night and Sunday am. The hot tub and sauna were enjoyable but the steam room was awesome!!!! Our room provided creature comforts beyond expectations and even at our age we were able to sleep like babes. Lots of parking and easy to access from major highways Weight and exercise area in separate building but OK. Although we are now starting to be involved with this group of Inns loyalty program, we think it would be nice to celebrate our birthdays more than once a year at the Elm Hurst

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Clare S S,

Thank you for your wonderful review and we are happy to hear that you had a memorable 70th birthday at the Elm Hurst Inn and Spa. We take pride in customer service and are happy to hear that you recieved that service from us. In regards to our exercise room, it is a working progress and is in discussion on being updated. We look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I am currently sitting in my room at the Elm Hurst Inn. My husband and I came for a romantic, stress-free evening away. I have been here for 2 hours and am already fuming due to the service I received at the spa. I had booked a massage over the phone and was told to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out medical information forms. I arrived 15 minutes early as I was told, and then proceeded to wait for 45 minutes (half an hour after my massage was to begin). Everyone else in the lobby was casually drinking teas and other beverages, while I was offered nothing. I felt like I was left to sit staring at the wall for 45 minutes. After this time, I finally went to ask the front desk what time it was, as we had a dinner reservation coming up. The lady at the front nonchalantly told me they "had made a massive mistake" and that the massage therapist had gone home for the day!!! Not only had they made a "massive mistake", they knew about this and failed to let me know as I sat patiently waiting for 45 minutes. The staff were rude and audacious enough to ask if I wanted to rebook for tomorrow. Needless to say I am completely uninterested and will not be returning. I understand that mistakes happen, but it was completely unacceptable to not let me know as I sat waiting.

Hopefully dinner will be better. It smelled good when we walked in, so fingers crossed!

The other staff seem to be wonderful- Tracy at the front desk is a sweetheart and very accommodating. It's a shame that my spa experience has ruined this otherwise beautiful inn.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
alon g, General Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hello,

Let me first apologize for us not being able to provide the spa service you had ordered. We understand your frustration and we do apologize for our lack of professionalism. Our spa receptionist tried to contact the therapist when the mistake was caught to try to provide you with your treatment, which is why there was the additional wait in our waiting area.

I hope that your dinner was exceptional and we were able to meet your expectations in that department. Again, we do apologize for this inconvenience and I hope you will consider returning to our Aveda Spa so that you can enjoy a complimentary treatments and we can re-build a positive memory at our SPS as you experienced in the rest of the Inn.
Thornhill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Spent an enjoyable day here after the New Year ..
The front desk staff were accommodating and able to give us our room a little early
The luncheon buffet was outstanding with a complete selection. Based on that, we ordered room service but that was a little disappointing. We enjoyed the hot tub and using the trails on the property to go snowshoeing during a very cold snap. We were surprised that they didn;t have snowshoes to use for their guests and suggested they get some.... And of course we got some local cheese - delicious!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Brittany L, Guest Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear SAM-RFB,

Thank you for your review in regards to your recent stay with us. I do apologize that your room service did not meet your expectations. We hope this will not hinder you from returning to our establishment. In regards to snow shoes not being accessible, I will certainly talk to our management team to see if this is possible.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our local cheese. We are very proud to be apart of the Cheese Trail and provide such an assortment of cheese.

We look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Front Desk Manager

Been to Elm Hurst Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!