“neighbor and friend” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Burlington, Kentucky, United States
“neighbor and friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Wow just finding Waubic website gave me goose bumps since my husband and myself have our cottage just around the bend. One thing to know is it is a family owned and operated restaurant and if you have large groups Jenny is still the only one doing the cooking. So your patience and wait are well worth your wait. Have eaten (no more) at the local Bass Lake restaurant and the wait with our group is always way toooo long. Not unusual for people in our group to be finished before some of us have even been served. This will never happen at the Waubic. Love their fish just broiled in butter(ask George or Karen and they can have Jenny fix for you-but of course always the fresh potato chips(I even got to help cut up the fresh potatoes-a great little contraption that makes stacks and stacks of potatoes ready to fry). Also if available Jenny's mashed potatoes are to die for. Anyway this was just a retirement venture for Jenny and George so they are amazed when they are so busy. We are like huh? Your food is amazing.

• Visited June 2012

Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
“Every boat trip we always stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Great spot. A real treasure for boaters. Love the dogs.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011 via mobile

From the states,go to our cottage every year and we so look foreword to eating at this amazing little inn, great food,excellent salads and fish and chips.also don't forget to check out the history of this wonderful little place. We love it, great servers and wonderful owners. Right on the river,only by boat,simply wonderful.

Toronto
“Best food or miles around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Those in the know, know to head to the Waubic for fish and chips or Sunday pot roast dinner. The atmosphere is warm and friendly, the food is almost all home made and the owners and staff of this family owned eatery are about as friendly as they come. My only caution is that The Waubic is located on the Trent Severn Waterway and is only accessible by boat... But if you have a boat then it's worth a trip to the Waubic for amazing entrees and awesome butter tarts!

Mind you I'm a little biased.... I go every chance I get!

• Visited September 2011
Toronto, Canada
“NOTHING LIKE IT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband & I have been to the Waubic more times than I can count because we absolutely ADORE this place. George, Jenny and their family (Karen is their daughter, her husband and 4 kids all a part of the 'Waubic') are beyond amazing. Honestly, there is nothing like it. Not only is it water craft accessible *only* on the Trent River between Swift Rapids & Big Chute, they have the BEST....I mean BEEEESSSTTTT fish & chips (actually, their called Waubic chips...real FRESH potatoes). Not to mention the Caesar Salad, the weekend Roast and Yorkshire Pudding (yes, homemade). So, not only are you going there for a phenomenally HOME COOKED meal, the atmosphere cannot be beat. Oh ya and the home made cookies, tarts...I can't describe it...you just have to experience it. And the breakfast...with the homemade bread as toast. *yum*.

Overall it is like camping on a river out in the middle of the woods but turned up a notch or two because you're sleeping on your boat with A/C and power (they have 30 amp service) plus your meals are made for you! We not only make it a stop to and from Georgian Bay from Lake Simcoe, we make it a weekend 'jaunt' once or twice a season because it's that fantastic. If you haven't been GO! Seriously, it's an experience and I GUARANTEE you will go back several times! 10STARS!!!!! :)

• Visited August 2011