“Great food made with pride and care” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 52 Restaurants in Grimsby
Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Dessert, Soups, Sandwiches
Sudbury, Canada
“Great food made with pride and care”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were visiting friends in the area and they recommended this place to meet up for a sandwich for lunch. We ordered a Grimsby Smoke, Outrageos Chicken, and a small quinoa salad. Luckily, the owner was in the kitchen and we got to talk to him about his operation as he prepared our lunch. He is a professionally trained chef and you can see he takes pride in his work and wants everything he puts out there to be just right. Nearly every ingredient is made right there, from the smoked meat to the mustard. And believe me, it tasted amazing! There's no shortage of meat on the sandwiches and I was stuffed full after eating. The quinoa salad was made with asparagus and red peppers, very light and fresh tasting. It was the perfect side dish. Add some homemade lemonade and lots of sunshine, and it was a great lunch!

Because of a sale they were having, we also decided to buy some mustard and smoked chutney to take home and again we weren't disappointed to try these on our home BBQ. Fantastic flavours!

This place is not just a sandwich shop, it also sells a lot of fresh baked goods and homemade soups that can be taken home and reheated. If we weren't from out of town, we definitely would have done just that. Next time I'm in the area, I'm bringing a cooler with me.

I highly recommend you give this place a try. People of Grimsby, I envy you for having such a hidden gem in your own backyard!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious Healthy Food To Go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Better than home-made, organic and pharma-free meats and entres. My favourites: Sourdough English Muffins, Smokey Tomato Sauce, herb croissants - lucky to have this place in town!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grimsby, Ontario
“Breakfast To Go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stopped in a week ago for a breakfast to go. Peameal & Egg on freshly baked muffin was very tasty. Lemon poppy seed banana bread was sooo good, and a large portion. Also really enjoyed the Holiday Blend Fair Trade Detour Coffee!

Grimsby, Canada
“$6 For Bowl of Soup?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Decided to give De la Terre a try for a bowl of soup - chicken vegetable was the flavour of the day. I took it to go. When I got home, I was extremely disappointed in the flavour, the one chunk of chicken and I couldn't help thinking that for broth and some diced vegetables I paid $6 for this?? I could have made a pot of Lipton's Chicken Noodle, and would have been more than satisfied! My husband just reminded me you can go to the Dutch Shop for lunch for soup and a deluxe sandwich for $6.50! Good luck to De La Terre - I hope you make some changes.

Visited October 2013
Tim B, Owner at De La Terre Kitchen, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Hi Jennifer, I am sorry your soup experience was disappointing. We take great care and pride in our soups with the chicken vegetable soup having plenty of garnish in it, and if it did not then again I apologize. Every soup we make is made from scratch. We use only organic poultry in our establishment and make the broth / stock in house using organic chicken bones. When in season, the vegetables are sourced directly from local farm stands that surround our community. Even with these higher costs we have also reduced our prices to be more cost competitive. I do hope you will give us another try.