“Won't be back!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Grimsby, Canada
“Won't be back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had previously been here for breakfast and I gave it a good rating at that time. However, my husband and I were meeting friends for dinner here. I first noticed they are only open until 9 pm on a Saturday night?
We sat down and waited a few minutes until someone came over to get our drink order, it was not very busy, only a few tables occupied and the drinks took almost 10 minutes to be served. We told the waitress we would wait until our friends arrived to order dinner. They came and we waited 15 minutes for someone to come to our table. Not too long you would think? Considering there were 3 employees just talking within 10 feet of us, no excuses. We all decided to leave and go somewhere else. Customer service should come first. We got our coats on and then someone came over. Our friends were already heading to the door and we explained why. The gentleman working that evening (Sat., Feb. 26) said he and one of the other staff members were discussing a problem and the other waitress was overwhelmed. She did not appear busy enough to be overwhelmed! He did offer to do something for us such as a gift certificate and we just said, no thanks. Overall, I can only tell a business that good customer service should be a priority.

• Visited January 2013

Oakville, Canada
“Great food,service,value and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had a delicious meal at Elm Street Cafe Grill last night. My husband had the filet mignon special and I had the brie stuffed chicken breast. Both meals were cooked to perfection. We had small salad to start and without a doubt my Greek salad was the best I have had in a very long time. The freshest ingredients and house made dressings really make a difference. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Goderich, Canada
“Gave them a second try.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were not overly impressed the first time we were here, but after reading some good reviews and talking with a number of friends who have been here, we thought we should give it another try.

Second time around we were quite happy with everything. The service was great and I have to say, the food was ten times better than the first time we were here. Perhaps they just had an off night back then. Regardless, things were improved enough that we would not hesitate in coming here again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga, ON
“A pretty good choice in Grimbsy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This updated restaurant in a strip plaza has a nice modern decor with large bright windows. We enjoyed our lunch althought it's bit odd that they only offer what they call a "main menu" rather than separate menus for lunch and dinner. I found that it made their entrees for lunch somewhat pricey. My mom and I shared the perogy appetizer and the spinach & brie salad which were both good and the coconut cream pie for dessert was yummy. The other two had the dinner sized entrees which looked like good home cooked meals. The waitress was friendly, efficient and accommodated the needs of my elderly parents.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grimsby, Canada
“We enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We visited the restaurant a few weeks ago on Sunday noon because we wanted breakfast. The new owners have totally changed the decor and it looks great compared to when this place was the Village Restaurant. We arrived hoping to still get breakfast and were delighted that they do an all day breakfast. Service was prompt and courteous. We both had eggs over easy, with home fries, toast, I had sausage and my husband had bacon. I thought the food was very good, my husband's bacon was a little overcooked but otherwise good. Surprised at the cost of the coffee though and my husband's glass of juice, we thought those 2 things were a little overpriced. Overall, a good experience and would probably go back.

• Visited October 2012