“St. Anne's to the rescue again!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Private Chef Meal
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
A TripAdvisor Member
“St. Anne's to the rescue again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2006

I am a Canadian now living in the US and missing the convenience of being near to St. Anne's. I used to go there quarterly but moved to the US a year ago so whenever I am home, my spa buddies and I make our way to St. Anne’s religiously!

The first 3-4 times I must admit, I arrived early in the morning and encountered some booking issues but the staff was very accommodating and resolved the situation quickly. This last visit was flawless and I thoroughly enjoyed my retreat.

And that's what's great about St. Anne’s, it is a retreat! It is about an hour out of the city - a cool, no hassle drive and you feel like you are away from all the hustle and bustle, drama and pollution of the big city! I have gone to some of the Spa's in downtown Toronto and it's not the same. You spend the day relaxing then to hop in your car, get into traffic and spoil the vibe you are in...no thanks! When I need a break...it's only St. Anne’s for me!

The grounds are lovely, the food is great, the variety of treatments is impressive, and the staff is friendly and respectful. Without a doubt St. Anne's is worth every dime spent and definitely a place to visit when in Ontario, Canada!

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Saline, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2006

I absolutely love Ste. Anne's Country Inn and Spa. We stayed in the "Mary Josephine" room. It's one step up from standard and well worth the around $25 extra. For one price you get your accomodations, 3 meals a day plus tea (which was a huge meal itself!) and $100 spa credit per day toward your treatments. I think it's a great value! Another tip- check the website for special deals- they have them all the time and you may get better rates and/or more of a spa credit. I know this month (June) men stay free for a "Father's Day Special". I have been to many spas (Spa at Little Palm Island, Hotel Hershey, etc...) and Ste. Anne's is one of the best! I can't wait until next year when I go back for my 7th year! One more thing...if ever there was a problem with your stay (room, treatments, service, etc...) there is a card in every room with the owner's name and CELL NUMBER and he will see that the problem is taken care of.

• Stayed May 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2006

Ste. Anne's spa is a wonderful getaway in an absolutely beautiful setting of the Haldimand Hills. The castle-like building overlooks the Hills with beautiful gardens and lovely trails through the woods. St. Anne's has a full aray of spa treatments, amazing food and great accommodations. It is a great place for relaxation and fun, with something for everyone.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2006

My friends and I have come to St Annes for 3 years now. Some things have changed over the years ie: staff etc, however, on the whole the experiences have always been wonderful.
I acknowledge that the prices are high but the service is excellent and the staff very accomodating to our every need.
The romms/cottages are lovely and each have their own character-that is: some are rustic country-type and some more modern. All are well appointed and very clean. The housekeeping staff were excellent.
The services/treatements are wonderful as well and we try new ones each year but have a few old favourites that we often go back to. (mine is the eucalyptus body wrap).
The dining room is lovely. The dining room service is not fast because the food is not fast food. It is really good food and it is always served and garnished perfectly.
Not having a liquor licence is not a problem as they wll cork your wine bottles for you and even save them in their cellar for the next meal if you so not finish it. You bring the wine YOU like and you pay the liquor store price.
We take advantage of the outdoor hot tubs, outdoor pool, indoor pool and indoor excercise at Maison Sante. We usually enjoy the walk up to the Maison Sante but have always been offered a ride in a staff van. That's nice when it's raining.
Lastly, the grounds are beautiful and you could spend your whole stay sitting on very comfortable lounge chairs watching the lake in the distance and admiring the birds and lovely gardens or going for a walk on the well marked trails. If you have rainy weather-as we have had-the lounge areas are very nice and warm and excellent spots to catch up on some reading.

• Stayed May 2005
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2006

This was the best vacation we have ever had. Even though we were to go to St. Bart's Island in the Caribbean -- we were lucky enough to find a get-a-way in Ste. Anne's Spa instead.

Everything from the decor, to the cooking, to the rooms and amazing spa treatments were outstanding. The entire staff treated us with pleasantry and respect. We felt like a King and Queen and handled with gold gloves.

The food was incredible (by a world-renowed Chief). You can take your own alcholic beverages and drink anywhere on the premises (including the dining room). This is a major cost saving measure. Each and every tap in the village supplies SPRING water.

I sent a two page letter to thank the Corcoran family for a unique Spa experience. I have never ever written a thank you to an establishment before. Any one who does not enjoy this Spa - must be a person who is not a happy person. Life is an Attitude.

This is a DO NOT miss experience with their 570-acre out of this world establishment.

Stayed January 2006
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

I went to Ste Anne's as a get away for a few days as I had to cancel my vacation. I travel alot and have enjoyed many spas but found this one extremely overpriced, and completely overrated. Perfunctory spa treatments ( except excellent Swedish Massage), average meals with no wine or ambience, a clearly dysfunctional staff (found complaining in the hallways), and loud and obnoxious guests were my experience at Ste. Anne's.

And the price - what a shock! I could have gone to Mexico for a week for what I spent - and no doubt should have. I came back home even more stressed out and certainly very upset indeed about spending $1,300 for two very mediocre days. Needless to say, never again.

• Stayed April 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2006

This was my second time at Ste.Annes Spa. and I will be returning. My Daughter and I had such a relaxing time. The cottage was beautiful the service was excellent the treatment's took all my stress away. My complement's to the chef for the amazing meals!!!

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!