“What a delight!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
Carrying Place
“What a delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was our first visit to Ste Anne's Spa and surely not our last! The front desk staff are amazing, the welcome absolutely memorable, and our guest cottage was wonderful. The spa facilities are of course excellent as one would expect at a spa facility. However, we were caught off guard by the quality of the food - we enjoyed every bite!! The country setting and grounds were absolutely lovely and restful. Here we were trotting along a country road in our robes leisurely making our way from our cottage to the main spa and dining facility... what an amazingly memorable experience to take back with us. Determined to experience it in the winter season!

Room Tip: If you want assured wi-fi, choose your cottage carefully. Some do not offer it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Pierre S.,

It is always so rewarding to hear such positive comments from our first time guests! I’m thrilled that you enjoyed the spa cottage experience so much. Although summer is a pretty stunning time to visit Ste. Anne’s, you may love it even more in the winter – it looks positively magical in the snow!

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your 2nd visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I travel up to Ste. Anne's about once or twice a year for a relaxing day with girlfriends or even my husband. I have never stayed overnight…too expensive for me. But I love the quietness that starts to peel off the layers of stress from life in the big city when I make the 2 hour drive. It is very tranquil and the new improved 'quiet zones' that have been added make this even more of an oasis.

The best things about Ste. Anne's are the treatments available. They are plentiful, varied and very well done. Just when you think that the lovely white bathrobe you've been given (you may wish to bring your own slippers/sandals) and peaceful sun room have relaxed you enough--then you go for your treatments intermingled with lunch and tea times.

Wait for the deals..prices have increased a little…but it is still a nice day away with your bests!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Karen B,

Thank you for sharing a review of your last visit with us, and for noticing some of the new quiet areas we’ve introduced. We really want each guest to find their only little special spot at Ste. Anne’s to call their own.

It would be really nice though if we could talk you into an overnight stay some time too! Keep in mind that our overnight rates start from $299 and include accommodation, 4 meals and $120 in spa allowance (we increased the allowance last year) and full facility use – a great value to be sure! We look forward to your next visit (day or night!).
Kingston, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Another great visit, this time in the Casa del Sol. What a great getaway spot, wonderful food, location and service. We had our supper prepared by Christopher in our "cottage" and it was fabulous - definitely would recommend this.
Casa del Sol was very comfortable and well appointed. The furniture on the deck was a nice place to relax, and inside is definitely not cottage like. The twin bed sleeping area is not really a separate room, but with our group it all worked.
The services were once again top-notch.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear 2_kids_will_travel,

Thank you for taking the time to share you spa cottage experience. Casa del Sol was just added to our spa cottage roster last year and it has certainly become a guest favourite. It’s wonderful that you and your group had a chance to experience a private chef dinner at your cottage too. I don’t think there really is another experience like it anywhere! Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I enjoyed a fantastic overnight experience this past Sunday to Monday. This was the first time I've ever returned from a getaway to feel physically healthier than when I left yet completely indulged. We found all the staff to be helpful, kind, knowledgable and not the least bit pretentious! Great girls getaway, excellence in treatments and the entire atmosphere encourages a meditative rejuvenating state of being. I was also thrilled to see the diversity of guests, couples, singles, families, groups, individuals!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jennifer D,

Thank you for your recent review of your property. I’m so glad that your visit left you feel healthier and more relaxed! And thank you for noticing that our team members are so down to earth – it is on purpose! We want guests to feel like they are being welcomed into a good friend’s country home. We look forward to your next visit!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is my second stay at st. anne’s (3 day) and it didn’t disappoint. The rooms are immaculate, the décor is tasteful and personal and the food is unbelievable (we opted for the gluten free menu).
Highlights: high tea, spa amenities
I am definitely a repeat customer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear 838 Samantha,

Thank you for such a positive review of our property! I am so glad that you enjoyed the rooms and meals so much. Our gluten free options are incredible, and I'm thrilled that you had the chance to sample them while you were here. Our gluten free baked goods (including our scrumptious desserts) all come from our own gluten free bakery right on site!

Thank you again and we look forward to your 3rd visit!
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and I have stayed here a few times. The staff are always courteous and helpful. When you stay here you get a spa credit to use for treatments or massages. You can book these when you book your room. When you arrive they have an itinerary printed out for you. The atmosphere is very laid back and tranquil. The food is quite good and you can bring wine for dinner which they will open for you at no charge. Definitely a good spot to relax and unwind.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear John L,

Thank you for your review and for your positive comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere. We really try to make everyone feel like they’ve come home to their own little country retreat. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed at Ste. Anne's July 18-20. It was my 7th time staying at the spa - and as always I had a great time. I used to go for one-night visits - but the last three years I've had one 2-night visit a year - and I have to say that if you can manage it, I'd really recommend two nights...it really gives you time to completely relax and de-stress. When I visit, I always have a swedish massage and a facial, which I did again. This time I also had the Moor Mud Hydro Wrap. All three treatments were fantastic - I wish I'd brought home the spa schedule so I could mention the staff who did them by name - but it suffices to say they were all great.

One thing I would mention is that for the massage, the RMT came to get me 5 minutes after the start time of the treatment and by the time we got to the room, she explained the treatment, I got ready, etc. it was more than 10 minutes past the start time...and the massage stopped at the scheduled 'end time'. So my 60 minute massage was closer to a 45 minute massage. Even with that complaint, I should say the massage itself was wonderful - I just wish it had been for the full 60 minutes.

We stayed in the Mary-Josephine room. The room itself was very nice...it was a decent size and it had a big, up-to-date bathroom. I personally found the mattress too firm for my liking and woke up a bit sore both mornings (at home I sleep on a soft mattress). I wouldn't say I'm complaining, per se - but I would say that if you're used to a soft mattress yourself, you might want to try another room.

When I visited last year I'd noticed (and, I think, posted in my review) that I found the pool loungers cheap, old, and uncomfortable. I'm happy to report that there are new loungers there (complete with attached pillows) that are a significant upgrade and very comfy!

I look forward to my next visit (and may have to break my one-trip/two-nights a year rule and sneak back for a night in the winter - which is also a great time to visit).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Wanderlust TO,

Thank you very much for the review of your 7th visit with us! I have to agree that if you can manage 2 nights, it really helps you achieve a state of higher relaxation while you are here. Thank you for lettings us know about your massage being shorter than expected. Our Sales Director will contact you shortly regarding this glitch in what otherwise seemed like another wonderful visit! We do take our guest feedback very seriously, as you can see from the new loungers added this year. We look forward to your next visit – hopefully this winter!

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!