My daughter and I visited Ste. Anne's Spa in June for our annual mother/daughter spa getaway. It was like coming home, again. The staff are exceptional; they made us feel special. Richard, who goes out of his way to accommodate guest requests; Alice who seems to be everywhere and doesn't mind taking time out of her busy day to show visitors around; Joachim who always has a smile in the dining room. We stayed in the Cathedral Room for two nights. There was a lovely breeze through the suite at night, the beds are comfy, and the place is very quiet at night (and in the daytime too). The eucalyptus steam room is sensational as always, the grounds are lovely, and the main pool was divine. I even had a visit from Massey the black lab, as we were lounging on the awesome new deck chairs by the pool. The meals still had our favourites, like the creme brulee dessert, but also new and seasonal specialties. Nothing beats their Atlantic Eggs Benedict for breakfast, made pretty much any way you like (with smoked salmon and capers of course). I had the moor mud hydro wrap, which was ninety minutes long, and pretty intense, but still rejuvenating, as well as the sesame stone treatment; both very relaxing. We hiked the long trail through hills, valleys, woods and meadows, and visited with the large white angel on top of the hill (it can't be seen from the spa, hidden by trees). I picked strawberries with the gardening lady, fed dog biscuits to Odo the Great Dane, and walked to the gym up the road. Time flies when we are at Ste. Anne's. I have to try very hard to be in the moment, to savor the quiet ambiance that permeates the whole area, from the time one turns off of the 401.
I have already booked another stay; in this crazy world, it is a haven of serenity. Thanks, Ste. Anne's: you are doing it right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ste. Anne's Country Inn and Spa, situated in the Haldimand Hills gazes down on over 400 acres of forested rolling hills overlooking Lake Ontario. It is Ontario's largest destination and day spa, offering extensive spa facilities, luxuriously appointed guest rooms, fine dining, and an array of spa treatments. Surrounding the main inn at Ste. Anne's are six private guesthouses, truly a unique aspect of the "spa village" experience. Located only 90 minutes east of Toronto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Ste. Anne's Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ste. Anne`s Hotel Grafton
- Ste. Anne's Spa Ontario/Grafton