“Like Coming Home Again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
Carleton Place
“Like Coming Home Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My daughter and I visited Ste. Anne's Spa in June for our annual mother/daughter spa getaway. It was like coming home, again. The staff are exceptional; they made us feel special. Richard, who goes out of his way to accommodate guest requests; Alice who seems to be everywhere and doesn't mind taking time out of her busy day to show visitors around; Joachim who always has a smile in the dining room. We stayed in the Cathedral Room for two nights. There was a lovely breeze through the suite at night, the beds are comfy, and the place is very quiet at night (and in the daytime too). The eucalyptus steam room is sensational as always, the grounds are lovely, and the main pool was divine. I even had a visit from Massey the black lab, as we were lounging on the awesome new deck chairs by the pool. The meals still had our favourites, like the creme brulee dessert, but also new and seasonal specialties. Nothing beats their Atlantic Eggs Benedict for breakfast, made pretty much any way you like (with smoked salmon and capers of course). I had the moor mud hydro wrap, which was ninety minutes long, and pretty intense, but still rejuvenating, as well as the sesame stone treatment; both very relaxing. We hiked the long trail through hills, valleys, woods and meadows, and visited with the large white angel on top of the hill (it can't be seen from the spa, hidden by trees). I picked strawberries with the gardening lady, fed dog biscuits to Odo the Great Dane, and walked to the gym up the road. Time flies when we are at Ste. Anne's. I have to try very hard to be in the moment, to savor the quiet ambiance that permeates the whole area, from the time one turns off of the 401.

I have already booked another stay; in this crazy world, it is a haven of serenity. Thanks, Ste. Anne's: you are doing it right!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cathedral Room, which is in the main inn, close to everything, and very roomy. We...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mary M,

Thank you for your review of your last experience with us! It is so nice to read about our guests taking advantage of some unscheduled experiences here like picking strawberries with our gardeners, visiting with the dogs or discovering the white angel. Thank you also for your positive comments regarding our food, staff, facilities and accommodations. We look forward to your next visit with your daughter!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

In May 2014 I was fortunate enough to get a reservation at Ste. Anne's Spa after three attempts for the yoga retreat. For three days and two nights I had an experience of a lifetime. It was not my first time at Ste. Anne's, so I knew what to expect. It is always a great experience. it was my first yoga retreat and overnight at the spa. Everything was amazing from the staff, to the food and the lovely ladies that I met. It was a short break, but it was one of the best vacations that I have had. I would definitely go back to the spa for the yoga retreat.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Shari J,

Thank you for your positive review of our Yoga Retreat! We are so glad that you were able to take advantage of this 3 day wellness experience. We started running these last September, and they’ve been such a hit that we are now doing 2 per month. We have one scheduled at the end of August and 2 for September, so maybe we will see you there!
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I just cant say enough about how truly wonderful it is to visit STE. ANNE'S SPA in Grafton, Ontario!! I was lucky enough to get to visit the incredible property on July 4-6, 2014, and was amazed at the A++ of every aspect of the visit. The staff, spa services, facilities, accommodations, and available activities are second to none. There is also a quality of renewal and healing to being there that makes me want to make it my only go-to spot for any money spent on vacation!! Everyone owes it to themselves to visit this special place at least once!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mary P,

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us, and found it to be a healing experience. When you are able to stay at least 2 nights like you did, it really does feel like you’ve been away for a week. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again!
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and try to get away for a weekend spa treat at least once per year. I had heard great things about Ste. Anne's, so this year I booked it. I have to say that compared to all of the other spa/resorts that we have gone to, Ste. Anne's far exceeded our expectations and has become our favourites.
We enjoyed just getting away and the relaxing atmosphere -- spending the weekend in robes and not having to worry about what to wear for dinner or what our hair looked like was a great treat. We both had a couple of spa treatments and they were wonderful. The food was amazing. The staff were all fantastic, friendly, attentive and bent over backwards for you. The grounds were breathtaking --- even when the weather wasn't cooperating.

I highly recommend St. Anne\s and we will definitely be making it our annual spot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paula,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. We are thrilled that your first visit with us exceeded expectations, and that your meals and spa services were wonderful. The relaxed atmosphere - wearing your robe all day and not caring about spa hair - is definitely in the top 10 reasons why guests love Ste. Anne’s! We look forward to you and your husband's return visit as Ste. Anne’s spa veterans!
Stirling, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I try and get here once a year and now that I have 2 little ones I feel the pull to go more than ever. This place is the definition of relaxation. It soothes the stresses of a busy life and allows a focus on peace and getting checked back into yourself which is so important in todays busy world. The food and service is absolutely incredible and the accommodations are cozy, spacious and clean. I look forward to my next visit. Try the aroma stone massage! It's heaven.

Room Tip: Love the spa cottages. A bit of a walk to the main spa but the location makes for a peaceful walk (o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Keri,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your most recent visit with us. It is always wonderful to hear from our guests that come year after year. It is funny how taking a little time out of your busy life to give back to yourself can actually help you to better manage all that life throws at you! Thank you also for your positive words regarding our spa cottage experience. We are certainly looking forward to your next annual (or maybe semi-annual now!) visit.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

. I really didn't want to write a glowing review as I didn't want to let too many people know about MY paradise, selfish I know

I visited here with a couple of girlfriends for my birthday. We stayed in one of the newer cottages "Vista lago"
4 beautiful bedrooms, a stunning kitchen & conference room and A very comfy cozy living room.

It was the furthest cottage away from the inn, so it's a 15 min walk or a very short drive.
I loved the peace and quiet of it.
The inn can get a little busy at times depending when you are going. But that can't be helped as it really is a popular place.

I spoilt myself & had quiet a few treatments thanks to my husband and my birthday voucher,. I had just got back from a very busy business trip, where sleep was not an option, so coming
to ste annes spa was the best place to get back to "being me"

The treatments were by far one of the best I have had, with just that little bit more. I loved the yoga in the most beautiful seren room, where robins jumped around in the snow and the fog was visible.

The food was fantastic, but I think mixing up the menus from night to night might be a good idea. As each day the menu seemed to be the same.

I was there for 2 nights and 3 days my friends just one night.
After they left I really wanted. To make the best of the cottage and the hot tub, so I asked if it was possible to have my meal in my cottage. It arrived in a beautiful basket, but sadly it was a little cold. I understand it had far to come so I. Just heated it up in my fully equipped kitchen
After supper I jumped in the hot tub and looked at the night sky through my iPad app.

After my breakfast I had one of my last treatments and I asked the lady, how long she had worked there. She said just a year, as she had been trying to work here for quite some time, "But no-one want to leave, so there is a waiting list"

Now that says it all for me.
Maybe I need a change in careers!

Thank you steannes, I will be back.

Room Tip: Vista lago, but it's mine so don't book this one :)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Clacky86

Thank you for your glowing review, even though you didn’t want to share you secret! We are so glad that you enjoyed the Vista Lago spa cottage. It has certainly become quite popular for friend’s getaways or corporate retreats since we opened it up in June of last year. It sounds like you made the most of your stay with spa services and wellness classes too, and we’re thrilled that you enjoyed them so much. Thank again for sharing your visit with us, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!
Whitby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed in a cottage for the first time, and we loved it! (We've always stayed in the inn up until now). Sentosa was beautiful with an incredible view. Amazing treatments, delicious meals, two days in a white robe... it doesn't get better than that!! My sister and I are both busy working moms, and Ste Annes is always a peaceful, luxurious getaway that always refreshes us. :)

• Stayed March 2014
Dear loveineachday,

Thank you for taking the time to share you recent visit with us. We’re so glad that you enjoyed the spa cottage experience here. Our cottages are a lovely mix of privacy, space and for many, additional amenities like beautiful views, hot tubs and private yards. Never getting out of your robes is certainly a big part of the recipe here for relaxation too! We are so glad that you enjoyed your getaway and we look forward to the next time you can take some time out for yourselves!

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!