“Fantastic Girl's Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
Toronto Canada
“Fantastic Girl's Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

Topnotch spa. A great place to get away with friends. We took advantage of a special overnight package that offered a great room rate. Most specials seem to be offered Sunday thru Thursday so if you have a regular 9-5 job, that's not always easy to take advantage of.
From the moment you walk in the door, the staff really makes an effort to make you feel welcome. Very friendly and helpful. We stayed in Sentosa Central which is a separate house with 3 units (bedrooms) and a shared kitchen, living room and outdoor hottub. The accomodations are about 500m from the main building. Only downside is you have to walk thru the parking lot which in April was somewhat muddy. You can avoid this by taking a shuttle the front desk will arrange. Our unit was bright and spacious. There were 3 of us and only two chairs by the fireplace but we went downstairs to the living room and enjoyed a bottle of wine there. Although the other units were occupied we didn't see or hear anyone else. The units are well equipped and you really don't need to pack much especially since you can wonder around in your robe the whole time you"re there! That in itself makes the place worth visiting! If you forget anything essential, the front desk will supply it for you with a smile.
The food is very good. Lots of options for all meals and excellent service. It is not a licenced facility but you can bring your own and drink it anywhere on site. We had afternoon tea, dinner, breakfast and lunch and all were excellent. Smaller portions (this is a spa) but tasty and more than enough for us. They have a lovely selection of teas you can choose from and are for sale in the boutique.
The spa services are expensive but we all felt that we got our money's worth. We each did something different including the milk and sesame stone wrap, moor mud hydro wrap, seaweed body masque, deep tissue massage and the botanical body masque.
If you want to save yourself some money go to Costco and pick up the Way Spa gift cards. You can purchase a $100 gift card for $80 so if when your bill adds up to $400 or so (which happens very quickly!) you can use the cards and save a little money. Amongst us we saved over $200 using the cards. You can apply them against your whole stay not just the spa services.
There's lots to keep you busy other than the spa. We enjoyed using the eucalyptus steam room, hot tub and cold plunge. My only criticism might be that the hot tub and plunge are small. It got pretty crowded in the hot tub at some points. There are lots of classes to choose from. We did the gentle stretch which was very nice. The grounds are extensive and it would be beautiful to go for a walk there we just ran out of time.
We don't know why we waited so long to visit this spa and are looking forward to making it an annual girl's getaway!

Room Tip: Don't pack much. Work out wear will suffice
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Thornhill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Ste. Anne's Spa is a quaint getaway from the everyday blur of daily city life. If you like the country; antique, cozy furniture and rooms; incredible meals; amazing spa treatments and facilities, and a staff who treat you like royalty, this is the place for you. I recommend at least a 3 day - 2 night stay - but the longer the better. I found that it wasn't just what treatments you have, but their duration time. I found that having treatments 1 hour or longer, gave my mind and body the time to really enjoy and get the most out of each one. By the end of my 5 day stay, I was really relaxed and rejuvenated in all areas of my being. To me, a spa is a place that you might visit in your dreams - and Ste. Anne's is a place I intend to visit again and again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Brighton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

I have never been to Ste. Anne's before but have always heard the best about it. Upon my arrival from the moment I got greeted from there turkey friend lol was nothing but spectacular! I never knew what relaxing was till I had to part with my phone for the day, wear a robe, and eat the most amazing food in my life. I have nothing but good things to say, and will be back soon. Thank you for helping me get the relaxation I needed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Ellicottville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I travelledwith my daughter, both never having been at this spa before. Our stay was two nights. We arrived early for check in, taken on a tour of the beautiful building and were still allowed to use the services. We were to stay in a cottage but there was a "small issue". We spoke to the front desk and later at dinner were approached by one of the staff who offered us an upgrade to a suite, which was very impressive. The suite was exquisite and the service was incredible!! The staff were very pleasant, super helpful and the services we opted for were the best. The view from our window was beautiful. We were very lucky the weather was beautiful. We used the off site facility, sauna and indoor pool and were shuttled to this location. We would definitely return. I have already referred Ste. Anne's to several friends and given the spa informaton to them. We liked not having to be dressed "up" at each meal and feeling so pampered and relaxed. The relaxing room (living rooms) were just beautiful, quiet and peaceful. The menus in the dining room were excellent and the servers were very professional and we felt very catered to.

Room Tip: Would return in a heartbeat!!!
  • Stayed March 2011
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Ste Anne's spa is old and tired.Treatments are average,nothing special.Prices are above average.
I would have thought after driving an hr and half from Toronto,it would "wow" me but it didn't.

The lunch was average.I think for the money spent it was not worth it.
Had a much nicer experience at Prince of Wales spa in Niagra on the Lake.

Helene

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Grafton Jim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2011
Dear Helene: Thank you for taking time to post a review about Ste. Anne's Spa. I am sorry that you find my property to be old and tired, and I'm sorry that you found the treatments and the meals here also fell short of your expectations. While I don't agree with any aspect of your review, other than the fact that the property is old (while the original fieldstone and granite building dates back to 1867, and while all additions since then have been architecturally consistent and interesting, the entire grounds, buildings and furnishings are in exceptionally good condition), I certainly welcome all feedback from our guests, as evidenced by the fact that I provide my cell phone number to every guest upon arrival, urging them to contact me if any aspect of their experience falls short of their expectations. While you chose not to exercise this option, my offer still stands; feel free to contact me if you feel there is anything you feel I can or should do to address and remedy those parts of your Ste. Anne's experience that left you feeling so disappointed. By the way, I agree with your comments regarding the other property you mention in your review; last time I was there it was quite lovely, and it is located in one of my favorite towns in all of Ontario. Best of luck on your travels. Jim Corcoran, Owner and General Manager, Ste. Anne's Spa.
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

I've been to Ste. Anne's a few times and it never disappoints. The atmosphere is relaxing and so peaceful. This was our first stay during the winter and we really enjoyed it. The food, the spa, the room, the amenities were all superb!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

-excellent customer service
-pretty and quaint rooms
-gorgeous country-side setting
-luxurious amenities (i.e. eucalyptus steamroom)
-food was fresh and delicious

Room Tip: Go for a trip with your girlfriends!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!