Topnotch spa. A great place to get away with friends. We took advantage of a special overnight package that offered a great room rate. Most specials seem to be offered Sunday thru Thursday so if you have a regular 9-5 job, that's not always easy to take advantage of.
From the moment you walk in the door, the staff really makes an effort to make you feel welcome. Very friendly and helpful. We stayed in Sentosa Central which is a separate house with 3 units (bedrooms) and a shared kitchen, living room and outdoor hottub. The accomodations are about 500m from the main building. Only downside is you have to walk thru the parking lot which in April was somewhat muddy. You can avoid this by taking a shuttle the front desk will arrange. Our unit was bright and spacious. There were 3 of us and only two chairs by the fireplace but we went downstairs to the living room and enjoyed a bottle of wine there. Although the other units were occupied we didn't see or hear anyone else. The units are well equipped and you really don't need to pack much especially since you can wonder around in your robe the whole time you"re there! That in itself makes the place worth visiting! If you forget anything essential, the front desk will supply it for you with a smile.
The food is very good. Lots of options for all meals and excellent service. It is not a licenced facility but you can bring your own and drink it anywhere on site. We had afternoon tea, dinner, breakfast and lunch and all were excellent. Smaller portions (this is a spa) but tasty and more than enough for us. They have a lovely selection of teas you can choose from and are for sale in the boutique.
The spa services are expensive but we all felt that we got our money's worth. We each did something different including the milk and sesame stone wrap, moor mud hydro wrap, seaweed body masque, deep tissue massage and the botanical body masque.
If you want to save yourself some money go to Costco and pick up the Way Spa gift cards. You can purchase a $100 gift card for $80 so if when your bill adds up to $400 or so (which happens very quickly!) you can use the cards and save a little money. Amongst us we saved over $200 using the cards. You can apply them against your whole stay not just the spa services.
There's lots to keep you busy other than the spa. We enjoyed using the eucalyptus steam room, hot tub and cold plunge. My only criticism might be that the hot tub and plunge are small. It got pretty crowded in the hot tub at some points. There are lots of classes to choose from. We did the gentle stretch which was very nice. The grounds are extensive and it would be beautiful to go for a walk there we just ran out of time.
We don't know why we waited so long to visit this spa and are looking forward to making it an annual girl's getaway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ste. Anne's Country Inn and Spa, situated in the Haldimand Hills gazes down on over 400 acres of forested rolling hills overlooking Lake Ontario. It is Ontario's largest destination and day spa, offering extensive spa facilities, luxuriously appointed guest rooms, fine dining, and an array of spa treatments. Surrounding the main inn at Ste. Anne's are six private guesthouses, truly a unique aspect of the "spa village" experience. Located only 90 minutes east of Toronto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Ste. Anne's Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ste. Anne`s Hotel Grafton
- Ste. Anne's Spa Ontario/Grafton