“Dinner nice - lunch not” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Greek, Italian, Middle Eastern, Canadian, Asian fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
St. Thomas
“Dinner nice - lunch not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I had a delicious dinner, made reservations and were glad that we had - only one table left as there was a large party on the other side of the restaurant - we were glad that we got our order in to the kitchen before the large group did - we were also surprised to see indian food on the menu. The waitress was a lot of fun and service was quite good. We enjoyed the view and we enjoyed our meal. We decided to go back for lunch one day and that was a total mistake - it was a week day and it was the week before the July 1st long weekend - so there wasn't a lot of people eating...I was shocked to hear the microwave going off in the kitchen - beep beep - we had ordered soup...it arrived and it was cold so back it went and it was beep beep again....we then ordered our lunch and it too was microwaved - our entire meal was microwaved - I suppose we could have done that at our own cottage....I would recommend it on a weekend for dinner but do make reservations - pass on lunch. Was impressed with the floor board style menu that is presented at your table so they can change the menu up - interesting menu and was surprised to see indian food which I ordered for dinner.

• Visited June 2012

Parry Sound, Canada
“Great view but food is mediocre.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We went to this restaurant last week on the advice of this website. We were very disappointed. We felt sorry for the waitress as she was on her own and the restaurant was quite busy. Yes, the view is good, however the food is nothing to rave about. My husband had the quiche, which he did enjoy, my 16 year old son had the chicken Caesar wrap, the lettuce had been in the dressing too long and was limp. I had the spring salad with feta cheese and it was good but it arrived drowning in dressing so if you like salad order the dressing on the side. The drinks come in cans so lemonade is brisk, not what I expected. Overall a disappointment.

• Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Food used to be better here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have been to this restaurant several times over the past couple of years.
It has changed management, and frankly the food used to be much better.
It does have a wonderful view, and the wood furnishings and just a delight,
and the waitstaff friendly.
Yes, they have East Indian food on the menu (a real treat for the Island!), however
I had the butter chicken when last in and it was mediocre compared to my
previous experience when the restauraunt was run by a previous owner.
The menu is varied, and I will go back and try the Quiche and salad, and see if
there is an improvement there.
You can't beat the atmosphere, so you have to weigh that out with the food experience.
Suggest you check it out, and post your own review!

• Visited May 2012
Owen Sound, Canada
“A little gem....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stopped for a quick bite to eat for lunch. Was surprised to see East Indian food on the menu. What a nice treat. Had the samosas, and they were great. Will definitely be back to try other things on the menu. Very friendly staff and very helpful re where to and what to see on the island.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario
“Not at all impressed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Five of us went to Cafe on the Bay for dinner. The waitress greeted us by saying "There is only one whitefish dinner left". We all placed our orders from what was left on the menu. One of my friends asked for potatoes with his steak. The waitress told him there was only rice left- he was getting that. The food was not very quickly served. The steaks were supposed to be cooked medium, but they were served very well done. The waitress did not apologize, she just said "I guess you get well done tonight". The prices were very expensive. This combined with the very rude wait staff, made for a very unpleasant experience. I would not return here.

• Visited June 2012