“Really good pizza, beer and a view. ” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Gore Bay
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Buoys Eatery is ideally located at the heart of the picturesque Gore Bay waterfront. We offer a waterfront patio and a lovely inside dining room both Licensed by the AGCO. Buoys uses as many local and fresh ingredients a seasonally possible including locally caught whitefish, our own freshly made pizzas, seasonal fruits, vegetables and much more.
Brockville, Canada
“Really good pizza, beer and a view. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Really liked the pizza. The stacks beer from Sudbury was great too! Friendly service relaxing on the outdoor deck. Only downside was no martinis and no anchovies for the pizza. Otherwise a must stop and throughly good time! You won't be disappointed.

Innisfil, Canada
“Continue to be simply delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Buoys has quickly become one of our fav places to eat in Manitoulin and as we visit the island every year, sometimes twice a year, we get opportunity to enjoy the meals each time.

Their food is simple yet hearty and delicious - most (if not all) of it local. The pizzas are excellent - light, almost flaky crust, with simple marinara sauce (not that over-sweet tomato sauce crap that most other pizzas have), wholesome mozzo cheese and fresh toppings. They were out of wings on the one day we were there so we had a side caesar with chicken to accompany our pizza instead. Wow. Again, simple, fresh and very tasty. The chicken lightly grilled but moist, they used REAL bacon and mozzo cheese i/o parm which is a nice switch up.

We went back for lunch the next day where my wife had a tasty burger made from local farmed meat and I had a chicken quesadilla with sweet thai wings.

The burger tasted great and I enjoyed my quesadilla with wings. The wings a little small but nicely done up - not too much sauce. Just a note of caution on the quesadilla...if you do not like hot banana peppers, make sure you order the quesadilla without peppers. The first time I had one, I didn't know about the peppers and ended up taking most of them out. This time around, the (very friendly) server asked me (thankfully) if I wanted the peppers or not. For me, personally, the quesadilla is much better without the peppers.

a DESSERT MUST HAVE: you just HAVE to try the Chunky Monkey Peanut Butter Banana Cake! O M G. Super delicious!

Here's a menu to check out: http://www.buoyseatery.com/index.php/menu

Overall, the staff are very friendly, easygoing at Buoys. This time around, we even met the NDP running candidate, Michael Mantha who had just finished his meal when we arrived.

Definitely a place worth eating at!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Caledon, Canada
“Good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband is picky where he eats and was hesitant to stop here but we were very plesantly surprised. The food was excellent - pizza, hummus (huge serving), salad - and the service was good too. We sat outside and had a nice view of the bay and, as we were finishing our meal, a guitarist began playing quietly in the corner adding to the charming atmosphere. I would recommend this place to any traveler on the island.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montgomery, Vermont
“Friendly little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had the special Pulled pork sandwich which was very good.The place was busy but the service was good.Also a good selection of beer and ale. It was a nice day. We sat outside on the deck.It was very pleasant with a great view of the bay

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Pizza is to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had a the pleasure of visiting Gore Bay towards the end of September and visited Buoys. I was working with the good people from Manitoulin Transport and they explained that we simply had to go to Buoys. The proprietor was incredibly cordial and the pizza was so good, I had to go back the following day. It really rounded out my experience and trip to Gore Bay. I highly recommend stopping in.

• Visited September 2013