“Unexpected beauty!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Water's Edge Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Campbellford
The Water's Edge Inn
You added The Water's Edge Inn to your Saves list
149 Queen Street | P.O.Box 269, Campbellford, Trent Hills, Ontario K0L 1L0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Campbellford
Toronto, Canada
“Unexpected beauty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

On a whim Sat morning, we decided to leave the city (Toronto). Being bikers, I found an event "Chrome on the Canal" in Campbellford, which led us to the most unexpected treat of the Waters Edge Inn. We lucked into a cancellation. Thank you to whoever cancelled, you made our weekend memorable. Our room was on the river - beautiful view. The deck was clean, chairs comfortable and flower beds free of weeds. Our room was spacious, clean, modern with a very comfortable king size bed. Bathroom had all the amenities of a 5 star Toronto hotel - and then there were the little touches that made me feel like I was at home. There was a Kuerig machine for coffee and tea with real cream in the fridge. We brought a bottle of wine and forgot a cork screw. No problem. One was supplied along with lovely stemmed wine glasses. Linda who checked us in was wonderful. Keith, our host - is gracious and attentive. We strolled into town for dinner and when we returned, the deck lights were on, leading our way back to our room. This is a small, quaint hotel with luxury at it's finest. I wish I could have stayed for another night, but sadly work called. I most definitely will go back - and not on a whim.

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure you get a room on the river.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The location was great. It was the perfect short walk to all the restaurants in town for dinner and even to the Tim Horton's for breakfast. Of course the beautiful riverfront setting is the main perk, but we were disappointed that the deckside chairs were very old and rusty and kind of gross. Would have been more enjoyable with newer seating.
Although the room looked great when we first walked in, throughout the weekend we noticed more and more that for the price we expected better. The room was in need of a more thorough cleaning, we came across some dead bugs on the floor, the mini-fridge was kind of dirty inside, the rug needed vacuuming...it wasn't awful but it just wasn't what you expect from the very luxurious look and feel you get from the website.

Room Tip: Definitely pick one of the rooms in the 200s, as opposed to the 100s. These are the ones with the ri...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Keith D, Owner at The Water's Edge Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments about our motel. Being a small business we strive to address our guests concerns as best we can and as quickly as possible. I hope that if there is a next time you will see that we have made those changes you addressed.

To other future guests we would like you to know that all the metal outdoor furniture has been sanded of all its rust and have been spray painted as of three weeks ago.( Unforunately I was unable to get to it sooner after taking them out of storage,I do appologise for that lack of judgment)

Also we have purchased new vacuum cleaners with more power to deal with the carpets. As for the bugs....that is a tough one as we are on a river and we try our best to keep up with them. However I have mentioned it to my staff to take special care in vacuuming all corners and ledges for the outdoor insects as well to make sure that the mini fridges are completely wiped down and thoroughly cleaned.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed here in April, was on a trip for work. My room was just simply perfect! The view from my room was just incredible, I could fish from my bed.... Planning on a fall visit with my wife since I like it that much.

Room Tip: Ask for the water view rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Wakefield, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

A whirlwind weekend trip required an overnight stay. Based on reviews on trip advisor and the recommendation of a local, we selected the Water's Edge. This property is just as pictured in the photos on their website. I just wish we were visiting in warmer weather when the river wouldn't be frozen over. I love the water, any kind, this is Right ON the water and handily within walking distance of several places to eat. Our room was #202, a little smaller than a hotel chain room, but appointed with the same conveniences. Everything was clean and comfortable...So comfortable it was the best sleep I've had in months. We would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Portree
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Recently stayed at the Water's Edge , and had a fantastic stay. The Room was fantastiic and the setting amazing. To top it all first class hospitality from friendly staff. An absolutely fantastic taste of Ontario hospitality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at water's edge inn this weekend in room 101 and was not impressed with the bathroom, the shower curtain was pink mouldy, the corners on the floor had cobwebs and dirty baseboards and the sink was for little people, it was only like 6 x 6 and had a glass shelf right above it and you had to put your head under the shelf to clean your teeth and no counter to put your stuff on, needs to be replaced, the closet to hang your clothes had the fridge and microwave in it so couldnt hang long clothes. I would not stay in this room again for these reasons. the main room was great and had lots of room to move around, the black lamps were dusty as was the clock and radio. only one chair to sit on and it was a desk chair. The owner was pleasant and willing to please us with things, he was good enough to put a kettle in our room which i appreciated. My niece stayed there as well and she paid $20 more for her room and the only difference i could see was that she had a tub and a counter with a decent sink.
would stay there again but not in that room.

Room Tip: they have rooms down closer to the water but didnt get in to see then so not sure what they are like...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Unbelievable ~ our anniversary stay at The Water's Edge Inn was all we were looking for ~ quiet, a beautiful view, fantastic hosts, and oh so clean. All linens were crisp white with pillows that had a scent of fresh apples, beautiful bath robes, kerig machine so we could enjoy our morning coffee right outside our door watching the boats slowly pass down the trent. The bed was a pillow top king size, the room spotless. We were so happy to spot the Inn from the other side of the river .. we were just winging it & were lucky they had a room available.
We had the most amazing 2 days at The Water's Edge & plan on going back!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Water's Edge Inn? Share your experiences!