“Good Caves, Good Fun” 5 of 5 stars

519-377-8762
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Greig's Caves: The most extensive and spectacular formation of limestone caves in Ontario. Like the famous flowerpots on flowerpot island off Tobermory, ON. Take one hour hike through rugged trails, that lead you to 10 natural limestone caves. After exploring take the trail above the caves for a spectacular views some 300 ft. above Georgian Bay.
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“Good Caves, Good Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Read about this place before coming up on vacation. Glad we checked it out. So much better than the Collingwood caves, and better value for the money. Fairly inexpensive-$10 for adults and $5 for under 13yrs. Beautiful views, nice hike through the wood, and lots of caverns and caves to explore. Took around 2hrs to explore . Easy to find, and fairly easy to hike through. Would recommend for anyone looking for a physical adventure.

Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Glad we checked it out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I called the Tourism Office In Port Elgin as someone had suggested Bruce Caves and I wanted more info.The nice girl at the Visitors Center suggested Greig's Caves instead since I had a small child and she said we can actually go inside the caves and that she had gone when little and enjoyed it.
The girl gave me exact driving directions and I googled more info on my iphone and off we went.
It was a really nice time and a fun way to spend a a couple of hours.My daughter kept thinking bats were going to be in the caves like the "bat cave" at the ROM she has been in Toronto and which is her favorite exhibit. The walk was a little rougher than I expected and I'd thought it would be easier to navigate since the Visitors Center suggested it with a 3 year old.However, we had runners and did fine.
My daughter liked carrying a flashlight and we enjoyed seeing Ontario's natural beauty.
I would suggest it if you are in the area and have time and want to do some exploring or hiking. If you are just a beach bum, you can skip it.

Mississauga, ON
15 attraction reviews
“Family adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was a cool thing to do with our kids, unlike anything we've done before. Just enough of a physical challenge that they were good and tired when we were done. Lots of climbing - over trails, rocks, caves. Have to admit didn't even know this existed, but would definitely recommend it. Only thing, don't do it in the rain - those rocks are darn slippery when they are wet and the walking sticks came in handy for us grown ups!!

Southampton, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“lots of fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

this was a neat place to visit with the kids they loved it and kept looking for bats in the caves. Wear hiking boots for sure and take water. it is a little expensive but definitely fun.

Kincardine, Canada
27 attraction reviews
“A great hike with great sights!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Definitely take your walking sticks on this hike! It’s a very challenging one, so much so that you have to sign a waiver before you attempt it.
The forest is lovely to hike through, but when you start to reach the caves, fallen rocks are just waiting underfoot to try to twist your ankle.
The caves are quite stunning, with blasts of cool air greeting you. Many areas are very steep – I actually sat down ans slid down a couple of spots like I did when I was a kid – easier that way.
The upper lookout loop is also worth the time and an easier hike to save for when you come back from the first exhausted!
Don’t forget something to drink. You’ll need it!
The owner is very friendly and helpful - be sure to stop and chat!

Visited June 2012