“Consistently average” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Consistently average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We go to a number of East Side Mario's locations and find them average, at best. My wife had the firecracker shrimp pasta and I had the Hell's Kitchen chicken, which include as much salad and bread sticks as you can eat. I guess for the price, the food is okay, but I find the decor quite tacky and the service not the best.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bowmanville, Canada
“My Favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

There are four people in our family and we have a tradition to go to East Side Mario's to celebrate birthdays. I love the atmosphere and there is a lot of choice on the menu at reasonable prices. What I really like is that there is unlimited soup or salad served with each meal. I have been know to devour six or seven delicious bowls of Italian Wedding Soup before tackling the main course.
The salads also are of very high quality and the main dishes are quite ample and fill up any remaining gaps that might have been left in your stomach after the garlic break and/or soup and salad. I highly recommend eating at this establishment.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bowmanville, Canada
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Went for a late lunch on a Tuesday, only 1 other table eating in the restaurant and at least 3 servers yet it took almost 20min for our drinks!! Got 1 salad each (even though we both asked for another) asked for cheese and pepper so he left and he returned with our meals and the graters... and gave us each exactly 1 turn of the pepper and cheese grinder! i asked for a bit more cheese and he said he had to get another cube. 40 min later he returned with the bill an debit machine at the same time and waited for my husband to pull out his wallet and pay. We had finished eating about 15min earlier and even stacked our cups and plates at the end of the table. Will never return!

Port Perry, Canada
“Service and Food were Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Went for dinner on a Sunday night. It wasnt really busy. The waitress was very friendly. The food was very good. It was way more than we could eat. Salad came with the meal - The waitress even asked if we would like more salad - which was a tasty Caesar salad (or you could have garden) . Then we were given two coupons for $10.00 off each meal for the next visit. I didnt find the restaurant dirty at all. It was a very enjoyable experience.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Sometimes the service is terribly slow while other times it is quick and the service is really good. The food is always good but we find depending on the server some don't take the time to check how things are, if we need drinks refilled and seem to take incredibly long to bring food out even with low levels of customers. I'd like to rate this restaurant higher but with the 50/50 experiences with the waitresses I just couldn't give it more than an average rating.

• Visited January 2014