“Great Local Fine Dining!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bowmanville, Ontario
“Great Local Fine Dining!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I often drive to Toronto for meals like they have here. I highly recommend the Cornish Hen and the Venison Tenderloin. The creme brule was also amazing! I've had it twice.
Great atmosphere for all types of occasions and just a great place for dinner with friends! It can be busy, I usually call a couple hours before for reservations.
Delicious!
I just wish they were no informative on gluten free foods.

• Visited May 2014

“true fine dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have been to this restaurant twice. both times were enjoyable experiences. The food was tasty, hot and the presentation was incredible obviously coming from an experienced chef. I was sad to hear that the new location was damaged by fire. I would certainly go back there for a special occasion.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bowmanville, Canada
“This is the absolute BEST place to eat in Bowmanville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Bowmanville being a relatively small town, Chanterelle's is the most elegant place to eat a meal. Their food is scrumptious! I have tried countless things on the menu and they have always exceeded my expectations. It is a relatively small establishment run by a sincere husband and wife. They also have an excellent catering service, and we have used it for rehearsal dinners, retirement parties, etc.

• Visited February 2014
Courtice
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is a great place for both lunch and dinner. Food is always well prepared. I especially enjoy the Sea Bass and the Venison with the dinner menu. Their soups are superb. The shrimp bisque and the mushroom soup along with the seafood chowder are among my favourites. The choices available at lunch is limited, but they are always delicious. They also do a very good job with their catering as well. We had their beef wellington at someone's home and the beef remained a perfect medium rare. They deliver quality even when it was not at their restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I had dinner here on March 23rd, everything was absolutely delicious! For appetizers we had the goat cheese tart and heirloom tomato salad both fresh and delicious. For our main courses we had a bottle of Chianti, the beef tenderloin and Chilean sea bass, amazing! And we split the flourless chocolate cake for dessert which was the perfect way to end our meal. The service was terrific and we loved the atmosphere. The prices were great, especially for such wonderful food and drinks. We will definitely be back again!

• Visited March 2014