My wife and I stayed one night at Angeline's over the Thanksgiving weekend for our anniversary and found it absolutely charming. We had the master suite which has a sitting room, master bedroom and full bathroom. The decorations were eclectic and nice and it was the perfect quiet cozy getaway.
The staff at check-in was friendly and helpful. We got a great package deal with their overnight stay package which included a 3-course dinner plus continental breakfast. The restaurant alone is worth a trip... should've booked our dinner reservation time before coming down. The earliest we could get was 8pm. Well worth the wait though... my wife had a crispy duck confit appetizer which was excellent, followed by venison stew and the most unique millefeuille for dessert. I had an appetizer special which was a mini bison burger with foie gras followed by beef tenderloin (done perfectly) and crepes suzette loaded with brandy.
We had brunch reservations at Harvest in nearby Picton so figured the included continental breakfast would tide us over. The simple croissants they served were huge, so puffed they were a full circle instead of a semi-circle and melt-in-the-mouth.
Bed was comfy although the very comfy duvet made it alternately hot or cold which was likely more a factor of the time of year. The ultra-cool bedroom was modern, clean and had both a full standalone tub plus a shower stall with two types of shower heads (straight overhead or moveable wand).
Quaint and cozy from the outside, modern rooms and ultra cozy on the inside.
The inn is the perfect base to explore Prince Edward County and the very helpful staff gave us free tasting cards for 3 local wineries. Melanie and Alexandre were great to deal with in making the arrangements and run the perfect little inn!
- Also Known As:
- Angeline`s Restaurant And Inn
- Angeline`s Restaurant Hotel
- Angeline`s Restaurant Hotel Bloomfield
- Angeline's Inn Bloomfield, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Angeline's is known for its fine dining and creative cuisine. Surrounded by flowering gardens which border on sweeping country fields, Angeline's offers a tranquil stay for the discerning traveler. Recently added: a new master suite with its antiques and original works of art. Arts or well-being workshops offered in Angeline's Studios. Browse among Bloomfield's unique village shops, some of which have special arrangements with Angeline's for late-night shopping. ... more less