“Nice, but bad service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Red Pump Inn

The Red Pump Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bayfield
The Red Pump Inn
You added The Red Pump Inn to your Saves list
21 Main Street South, Bayfield, Bluewater, Ontario, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Bayfield B&B and Inns
“Nice, but bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a night at the Red Pump Inn as part of our honeymoon. We got the largest suite that has a private garden and paid quite a bit for the room. When we first got there, we were impressed by the beauty of room. We thought that it was going to be a great experience, but were not entirely right. I was shocked by how bad the service was, especially given the amount that we paid for the room. No one asked us if we needed help with our bags. At 9:00 p.m., we needed help with something in our room and there was literally no one around to speak with (someone at the restaurant generously came over to help us, but I was shocked that the hotel had absolutely no one on call for us). Our private garden was tiny and not so private after all (it looked out on to the trash cans and the path leading to other rooms. When we checked out, the owner was an unfriendly cold fish who didn't even ask whether we enjoyed our stay. Overall, I wouldn't stay there again and feel that I didn't get value for my money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bayfield, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here several times in the past few years and it is located right on the main street of Bayfield, Ontario.
It's within a five minute walk of pretty well everything in Bayfield which is very important to us.

My rating would have been 4 star at best because of the high price - it is by far the most expensive place to stay in Bayfield.

Every time we stayed here before, we received a large tray of many different cheeses, croissants, fruits, and muffins delivered in the morning at the time of our choice.

This year when we arrived, we noticed a small cellophane wrapped dish in our mini-fridge that consisted of a few meager items(see photo).

When I inquired about the continental breakfast tray in the morning, the response was: "It's already in your fridge"

This might be a minor annoyance to some but it was a huge disappointment to us as we were used to a little bit of pampering for $345/night.

We will stay at this Inn again but be wary of the mini-fridge, mini-continental breakfast!

Room Tip: Top floors are hotter in the Summer.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The red pump Inn was a perfect place to stay. The service was very good with joyful hospitality. The room was reasonable price but so much worth the stay. You should also try the restaurant. There also has a food price. There lemonade is to die for!!!! Last, the rooms had a great size for my comfort. I am sure I will come back next time.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I were married here in the garden in July 2006 and have stayed overnight in the winter in the newer guest suites. Every time we eat or stay here, we have been treated like royalty by Harry and his staff. It is not only a great kitchen and a special place to have dinner, it's also the best place to stay in Bayfield if not all of Huron County... yes, its a little pricey but, you get what you pay for. I can't think of a nicer place to stay outside of Toronto. The garden, fountain out back is the best place to have dinner on a warm summer night, very romantic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Thank you Harry, Nora, Brianne, Emily, Michael. Saved us after abysmal experience at Little Inn. Wonderful welcoming home away from home. We will be back for certain. The boys loved it and Harry was a most congenial host while Noraand Brianne completely went out of their way to help us out.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Their garden suite is the best room, and we loved staying in it. The decor is a little over-the-top, yet, very spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed our relaxed stay in sleepy Bayfield.

Room Tip: Their garden suite is most luxurious.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bayfield, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

My husband and I were married at the Red Pump Sept.17th 2011, and I cannot say enough about our experience there. The decorations outside were MORE then I ever expected, it was absolutely beautiful, rose peddles and white bows along the path that i walked, rose peddles in the tiered fountain, large fluffy white balls in the trees, it was like a fairy tale wedding. We had a sit down dinner at noon for 25 guest and again excellent in all ways, the chef made a meal that all my guest were extremely happy with including ourselves, the cake was exactly the way I asked him to make it, the tables were just absolutely breath-taking with roses and rose peddles on the white tablecloths, but you had to see it to believe it. It was a perfect day and the staff members especially Nora, Jan and the chef made our dream day perfect. I would recommend your special day whether it is a wedding, anniversary or whatever these people you can trust to make it memorable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Red Pump Inn? Share your experiences!