“The BEST Sushi north of Toronto!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Buffet
Aurora, Canada
“The BEST Sushi north of Toronto!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Hands Down - Sushi Kui is the best sushi in Aurora!
The service, food, decor and quality is top notch! Each visit is consistently great. Our fave is Ice & Fire and my son loves the tempura shrimp.
This is great place for casual dining or celebrating a significant event. Service is efficient and friendly. Bonnie (the Owner) always greets us warmly and ensures that the experience is as good or better than the previous visits. There is lots of parking and I would recommend Sushi Kui as a great restaurant to anyone. Bon Appetite!

• Visited March 2012

Richmond Hill, Canada
“This is the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We have been going to Sushi Kui for almost a year now. It is definitely the best anywhere. We drive all the way from Richmond Hill. The food is great, always fresh, and the staff very accommodating. Your table is always kept clear of empty dishes, they don't rush you, but are always there to help. The speciality dishes are fantastic and they are always creating new ones to try. Can't wait till we go back again...

• Visited December 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Our favourite sushi place in the GTA right in our own backyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We normally order take out but have enjoyed the all you can eat sushi at the restaurant many times. The service is great and the food is fantastic. They have a few signature sushi dishes that you just don't find anywhere else.

Value for money can't be beat - we have friends who drive from Uxbridge to pick up take out - definitely worth the visit!! Yum yum.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aurora, Canada
“Nice location, good quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I live in Aurora and have been to this place multiple times - with my wife and entire family. They have always been consistent with the quality. Service is also consistent and it is good. I even celebrated my birthday last year at this place.
I will give it very solid 4 (even 4+). There are a few set-backs though to qualify for 5:
1 - the place is relatively small and sometimes tables are too close to each other
2 - some items caused me a heartburn (although, I do have high blood pressure; so, this may play some role in it..)
3 - every time after visiting this place, I have felt very thirsty.
I must admit, I am very picky about food. If you are not as picky, you will definitely enjoy this place as a nice, casual value-based proposition.
P.S.
Also, see my comment to Honba Sushi for more upscale Japanese dining.
Cheers.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Beats Hiro Sushi hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I thought Hiro was the best sushi house in Toronto, might still be, but I found myself in Aurora and decided to try my luck with Sushi Kui. I"m so glad I did because it may be the best I've ever had. The sashimi is simply outstanding, as delicate, fresh and expertly presented as any I"ve seen in Japan, where I developed a love for the cuisine.

The menu is extensive, delicious and very affordable. The friendly wait staff will cater to both beginners and seasoned Japanese cuisine foodies. Overall, the place is top notch, a hidden gem for GTA sushi lovers.