“Best Thai food in York Region!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 123 restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Thai
Toronto, Canada
“Best Thai food in York Region!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Always consistently great food. Servers are friendly and the chef is always willing to adjust the food according to your preference of spiciness! Thai food is so much "cleaner" and less greasy than regular Chinese food.
My husband and I recently transitioned to a vegan diet. Orchid Thai chef will adjust many options to be vegetarian or vegan.
Can't wait to return!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
London, Canada
“Never tried Thai but will again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Orchid Thai was walking distance from my hotel so I decided to give it a try. I was early for dinner and had the place to myself. The decorations were very interesting and unique to my experience. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I tried the shrimp and mushroom soup in a slightly spicy broth and then the ginger basil scallops. The entree came with a large bowl of rice and a separate platter of what I would call stir-fryed veggies and scallops. I assumed you started with some rice and veggies and kept going with small helpings until you were filled. I ate it all and enjoyed every bite. The menu had items that would have been more spicy and served with things like curry that would not suit my taste. Overall, it was a new dining experience and one that I would try again if I come across a Thai restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have tried all of the Thai places around and Orchid Thai is still our favourite. Try the fresh spring roles!!!!

Visited May 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great Food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

One of the best Thai restaurants in Aurora. Busy especially during lunch hours. I always order either the shrimp with cashew nuts or chicken with cashew. The lunch special comes with either spring rolls or hot and sour soup. The servers are very pleasant. Always a pleasure coming here.

Aurora, Ontario, Canada
“It can't get any better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012 via mobile

Not much more to say.great food, great people and great value. A touch of Thailand as you enter the restaurant. Enjoy!