“Large portions, nice booths” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Large portions, nice booths”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We've eaten here a few times and enjoyed the booths. There are quite a few of them so the odds are that you'll get a booth rather than being in the open, central area. The food is good, though the sushi rolls are HUGE. I can't ever recall eating such huge rolls. The ingredients are fresh. As others have said, it is pricey. On our last visit we had a lovely corner booth, but then a family with 4 young kids was placed right beside us - it spoiled the meal as they were so noisy and whiny. Overall, the staff aren't great - the didn't show much sensitivity with this placement, and seemed to forget us a few times during our meal. I won't go out of my way to return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Newmarket, Canada
“Food is pretty good, a bit pricy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My friends have been telling me to try sushi and most kids I talk to at the school where I work also tell me that I’m missing out. So I dragged my husband to try our luck. Mi Ne is somewhat near our place, so there we went on Thursday. Overall, I’m afraid I am still not a fan, not yet. While most of the food is pretty decent and the room (quite small) is neatly decorated, it’s not like the typical high end restaurant for the price that we paid. The staff is also not really accommodating on explaining the ingredients in some of the rolls, making it a bit nerve-wracking for us to order. As newbies, we didn’t come out with the wow factor that others have, unfortunately.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice and friendly Japanese place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to my GPS I found this nice small restaurant. The staff are friendly and good too. Perhaps I have too high an expectation, it is not as authentic comparing to some of my favorite Japanese restaurants in Toronto. A little on the pricy side. If you like a modern sushi place, it's still a good find.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Aurora,Ontario
“Amazing little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The staff ask and remembers your name.Friendly,Cozy and whole lot of fun alongside amazing food.This restaurant pays attention to detail and it leaves you wanting more.If a mistake is made with your order,they are embarrassed and correct the problem instantly.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond Hill, Canada
“The food and the people are the BEST in the GTA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We love Mitch and his crew T Mi Ne Aurora. We followed him from his old location because nobody is as good as he is at quality control and friendly service. We drive 30 minutes to get to this restaurant when the old location is 3 minutes away from our house. It is definitely an excellent place to dine.

• Visited February 2013