“Spanish Tapas and Sangria” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Spanish, Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Spanish Tapas and Sangria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Spanish Tapas in York Region.

I dined here with a friend when it first opened and have been back a few times since. They serve up the best Sangria I have ever had (besides in Spain).

This has been our go to restaurant either as a couple of with friends as of late because the food is incredibly delicious and the atmosphere is quaint.

Looking forward to our next visit in a couple of weeks.

• Visited May 2014

Newmarket, Canada
“Our 25th Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

A friend had recommended Scorpion and so we thought we would try it for our 25th wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left we were treated so well. The Chef's wife was a gracious host and new exactly when to tend to us and when to leave us alone. The appetizer and the meal as well as the dessert was top shelf. Highly recommend this hidden treasure in the community of Aurora.

• Visited May 2014
“great fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have been searching for a decent fine dining restaurant in Aurora and this one definitely hit the mark, Flat breads are divine and baked fresh upon ordering, Tapas menu is perfect for patrons not looking for a full meal and are great for sharing thereby allowing everyone a taste of all the delights. I loved the braised Chorizo with garlic bread that tasted better then any I have had. the calamari grilled was done to perfection as was the lightly floured which was just right. I have had some mains but my first choice would be the breads and tapas as I like to sample many things without having to be too full when leaving. The serving staff are more than friendly and accommodating and remember you easily as if an old friend was coming to dinner. The wine list if very good and compliments the food choices. You definitely need to call for a reservation it is that popular with the locals.

• Visited March 2014
“Atmospheric foodie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This place is a great spot for quality food outside of Toronto. It is really quite a surprise to find this place in a typical suburban plaza. When you walk in in the evening you're immediately struck by the way the owners have managed to evoke an atmosphere between tapas restaurant and small bistro.

I've read reviews that commented on lack of privacy. We've been here twice now; seated on the perimeter and to the centre. With the live music strumming away we found no loss of privacy at all. Great music by the way.

As for the food the quality, taste and plating are fantastic. I've had the seabass before and it was great. This time around I had the lamb shank. It was outstanding. So good it fell of the bone. Was tender and deep with flavour. It sat atop a pice if grilled French bread, mashed potatoes and roasted root vegetables. My only "surprise" was the very spicy chutney that came with it. I love really hot spicy food; but this felt out of place. Minor issue as I just set it aside.

My wife had the lobster ravioli. They were the largest ravioli I have ever seen!! When reading the menu we were concerned the meal might be too sweet. The sauce was a white chocolate base. But we couldn't have been more wrong. It worked so well. Chef made the white chocolate sauce with enough savoury edge it really balanced out the sweetness of the lobster.

Last but by no means least were the cocktails. Wow! For a place that essentially doesn't have a bar (the front reception is basically the bar) the drinks were out if this world. My wife had the apple martini. It was perfect. And I had one of the best margaritas ever. With your choice of top quality tequilas and NO fake mix in your drink, you can't go wrong with the margarita. The first sip with the live Spanish guitar playing whisks you off in your evening journey.

This is a gem of a small place for the suburban foodie.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“TamworthPartners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been going to Scorpion since it opened for business. Marcello and Nancy have catered both private and professional parties for us. We have never, NEVER had a meal that was anything less than excellent and most were spectacular. I have specific dietary restrictions and Marcello has never failed to remember these challenges. The "Scorpion Chef" and has always been creative and innovative in his selection of fresh food and his choice of menu alternatives. Our favourites include the Pizzetta, the Maple Chicken and the Sea Bass. Service is excellent. Nancy adds a personal touch and greets every diner. Her empanadas and samosa must be tried to be believed. Scorpion is definitely one of York Region's dining gems!!

Visited March 2013