“Excellent food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Newmarket, Ontario
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We enjoy this Keg instead of Newmarkets, more enclosed, quiet, great service and staff.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Richmond Hill, Canada
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Attended for my mom's birthday, the food was excellent all around, the vegetables cooked to perfection which is the sign of a kitchen that cares about the whole meal. Service excellent, food fabulous and reasonable priced for the good quality and washrooms clean, they even threw in a piece of ice cream cake and sparkler to celebrate. Great time had by all.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newmarket, Canada
“Our 23rd Anniversary Dinner......March25/12!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

First of all ~I LOVE THE KEG!!!!!
The food & service is always great I am also found of the atmosphere in the Kegs in general. This is our go-to place for any celebration or gathering. I was especially happy & surprised to hear that the Keg was going back to their "original" recipe menu items ~ for me, very happy; you see I'm a regular " Keg Peppercorn Steak" eater, but over the years the sauce has gone through a change!! Still tasty - but a change none the less!! But this past weekend, OUR ANNIVERSARY DINNER, I ordered my regular, and to my happy surprise the sauce was changed back to the old tasty creamy peppercorn sauce~~~yummie!!!!! My husband loved his steak too. Our appetizers we awesome as per usual - escargot - my hubby had shrimp- delicious!!!!!!! Our service was top notch from the time we walked in to the time we left...........it was a wonderfully relaxing evening!!!
The, only negative I have to say is reservations: we live in Newmarket & the Keg does not take reservations on weekends this is quite a problem for large groups- last October for my husbands 50th b-day dinner we went with 12 people for dinner - though 2 of us tried to go earlier to put our names in we still had a 1hr wait!!!!!!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canada
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Lots of choice, great portions, and service is good. Always enjoy dinner here especially the steaks!

Uxbridge,ON
“Usually Awesome, Disappointing on Valentines Day!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

We frequent this location at least once a month. We have always found it to be consistent, with great tasting food and service. One of our favourites is the Creole Chicken, which has a generous helping of seafood (shrimps and scallops) and the garlic mashed potatoes are to die for! It is a great value for the money. Another amazing entree is the Sirloin Oscar!

However, visiting this Keg on Valentine's Day proved to be a slightly different experience! We had barely touched our appetizer when our entrees were brought out by a different waiter! Our waiter soon came along and noticed this, and apologized! We felt as though we were being rushed out, and had to gulp down the appetizer in order to be able to eat our entree's while they were still hot! Later, the manager came out to speak to us and we were offered desserts on the house! Amazing customer service is practiced here! Several days later I also received a call from the General Manager interested in my concerns! He said that he would be sending us out something due to our experience. This has certainly restored our faith in The Keg! Lesson learnt however, to stay away from most any restaurant on V day, it is crowded, noisy, and does not lend itself to the quiet, romantic experience that many people are seeking on this special day! Go the next day instead! lol

Therefore, I would still strongly recommend this Keg location, they certainly practice amazing customer service, and truly care about their customer's dining experience! This is why I am still giving them a 5 star review, because I feel that they deserve it for the past dining experiences that we have had, and also for their great customer service response!

• Visited February 2012