“review” 3 of 5 stars

burlington
3 attraction reviews
“review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This course is not well laid out. There are to many holes that have tees close to greens that increases the chances of getting hit by a ball. For the caliber of course it is too expensive

Visited July 2012

Ontario Canada
15 attraction reviews
“Golfing in Summer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have played this golfcourse Twice with a retired doctor friend of mine over the last two years. An older course but very nicely laid out and challenging to say the least. A reasonable clubhouse with food available all day.

Visited July 2012
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“A Uniquely Beautiful Venue for a Wedding.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I chose the old course at knollwood to have our wedding at. We had looked at many venues prior to finally making the choice but nothing compared knollwood. it was wonderful to have everything in one location yet we loved that there were separate areas for each part of the day (ie. ceremony location, cocktail location and the tent) The only thing that i was leary about were the bathrooms as I thought there was only the bathrooms inside but to my surprise on the wedding day I found out there were some located much closer to the tent!

We also hired the DJ that knollwood suggested and who djs most of the weddings there. We found him to be a joy to work with from beginning to end. We spoke on the phone several times and emailed back and forth .I found that he made wonderful suggestions before the wedding in terms of songs that worked together and was able to suggest others that i haven't thought about but were on the same lines of songs i had already considered but wasn't sold on. Mike replied to my emails immediately even if it was late into the night. Mike was wonderful with all of our guests and very understanding and flexible when we changed our entrance song on him by surprise! As a dj I am sure it becomes difficult to play everything people request but he was able to accommodate most of the requests and was able to keep the dance floor packed from 9pm until 1am! Even my husband's 85 year old grandma was up dancing the whole time. Somehow Mike was able to find songs that appealed to people from the age of 12 all the way to the age of 88! Many of our guests commented after the wedding about how wonderful our dj was. He also took over and had a game in mind to keep our guest entertained when we really didn't have much of a plan for this area of the evening.

The service was wonderful and prompt. Our tent needed little decorating but I was glad that i could leave a details list of how the centre pieces and candles should be placed and they were able to set up the tent just the way I had described.

I was a little disappointed that we weren't able to use more of the course to take pictures on but we were able to find areas that worked once we found our the rules.

I was extremely impressed with knollwood and if we had to do the wedding again, we would hire both knollwood and DJ Mike again in a heartbeat.

Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Think twice before planning your wedding here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I had our wedding at the "old" course on Shaver Rd. Let me start by telling you about the good parts of the day. The grounds are beautiful, the service staff were wonderful and the food was delicious.

However ALL of that was overshadowed by things that occured during our wedding and how it was handled by Knollwood after the wedding.

With the wedding packages, Knollwood provides the DJ (As you like it is the name of the DJ company), which is great... However he turned out to be the RUDEST person I have ever met. Before the ceremony even started he got into a verabal altercation with our officiant and the singer we had, who happened to be 13 years old. He was so rude to them that guests that weren't even involved in their converstation made it a point to tell me what they had overheard and how inappropriate he was. My cousin asked if she could request a song and his reply was "that depends if your taste in music sucks or not" and then he turned his back to her. He was rude to my father, brother in law and plenty of other people. The guests that were sitting closest to him commented about his behaviour as well. When we went to do he garter toss he turned my chair around to face his booth and said "this way the only one who can see up your dress is me and I m practically gay anyways". The list goes on and on in regards to his rudeness. During the dinner I was speaking to the wedding coordinator and I mentioned that hew as being rude to some of my guests. She said she would speak to him. When I arrived to the hotel after the reception was over I had recieved a nasty email from the DJ. He sent it to me WHILE WORKING at my wedding. This was unacceptable. I immediatley forwarded the email to the wedding cordinator at Knollwood to express my distaste and she never replied. My mother ran into her 2 weeks after and explained that I was upset to not have heard back from her. She replied that she didn't think I wanted a response? Really? My mother explained how upset I was and she replied that she would call me the next day. She never called. I recieved a cop-out email stating that she was trying to work something out with the DJ and would be in contact with me. I sent her an email back (on October 3rd) stating how I was upset that she never called like she said she would and explained in detail ALL of the innapropriate things that the DJ said and did. I also explained to her that I found it unbeliavble that she has taken no action in any form towards this as this service was one that KNOLLWOOD provided. It is a poor reflection on them. She was also not the easiest to deal with through the wedding process as gettting any form of information from her was like pulling teeth. I let it go through the planning process as I figured that maybe this is how it always is for people planning weddings. However her recent actions (or should I say lack of action) has just confirmed my feelings to be true. It has been 5 WEEKS since I have sent her that email and I have not heard from her... or anyone from Knollwood. It is VERY disheartening to know that you save and save and plan a beautiful wedding only to have it not taken seriously be the people you have hired. I don't feel like I was asking too much, some acknowledgement to my emails would have been nice. If you want to be treated with respect please do NOT have your wedding here.

Visited September 2012
Ancaster, Canada
“This place is brutal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

For the courses....bad layout on the new, decrepid conditions on the old. Do you like teeing off off rough? Do you like putting through moss and winter burn?

All that said, they had a deal on golfnow.com for $45. We were trying to book it through our phones in the parking lot. The app wasnt working, kept saying the tee times were no longer available. They wouldnt honour the price and tried to charge us $70!! In October!! We asked for the manager and the jerk at the desk we were dealing with said he was the manager.

I havent been treated so poorly at a golf course in my life. The manager made it clear they didnt want or need our business. I have golfed there probably 25 times in the past couple years, but never going back.

Visited October 2012