“how do restaurants run out of baked potatoes at 5:00pm on a saturday.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lone Star Texas Grill

Cuisines: Mexican, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
smithville,on
“how do restaurants run out of baked potatoes at 5:00pm on a saturday.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 NEW

my wife and i ordered a steak and a baked potato with the works .5 minutes later the young night manager came to tell us they did not have any baked potatoes,so we had fries.this is the first time we have been out for dinner anywhere where they did not have any potatoes.pathetic if you ask me.still the food is good.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

52% Recommend
Brantford, Canada
“A very special restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have NEVER been disappointed with a visit to The Lone Star Texas Grill in Ancaster, (Hamilton) We always go for lunch and usually order off of the lunch menu but there are wonderful specials to choose from every day. The food is terrific but if you can't eat anything that is included in your choice...THEY WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE SUBSTITUTIONS! Wow! now that doesn't always happen! The staff is warm, friendly and very, very attentive. ("Our thanks to Moonshine," our wonderful server!) Everyone appears to love their jobs and this attitude, plus great food, makes for a very positive experience for their customers. I have read very scathing reviews of this restaurant and sincerely hope that the Manager has made changes any that are appropriate. Unfortunately, a couple of bad apples.......? All I can say is WE LOVED IT!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Caledonia, Canada
“Racism is alive at Lonestar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My kids went there with their friends. It took about 15 minutes and finally someone acknowledged them. There were 7 of them so they had to wait for seating which is understandable. However a group of 7 came in and we're seated almost immediately. The manager made up all kinds of excuses and after an hour and a half the kids ended up leaving(they had their little brothers and sisters with them because they were celebrating a birthday). I was so pissed off that I went there the next day to complain at about 3pm so they weren't busy. Guess what?! I was ignored for about 15 minutes! The waitresses all looked my way and passed by me but no one even batted and eye. When one of them decided I was worth their time she came over and I asked to speak with the manager-more excuses. Ancaster-don't go there. Disgusting. A full complaint is filed.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hi Nezzie2014, Thank you for your feedback. We are looking into this situation and take your complaint very seriously.
Grimsby, Ontario
“Like being ignored?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Went formy daughter's birthday. The waitress forgot most of all we asked for. Had to get up and ask the hostess for hot sauce and condiments and drink refills. oh, and the whole purpose of going there was she wanted them to sing happy birthday to her. Not only did they forgot but we couldn't find our waitress to pay our bill. This is our second time having bad service there. Sad because the food is great. All young staff and it appeared there was no management there.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hi megakel, we're very sorry your experience left you feeling ignored. I know the General Manager would love to speak to you to get further feedback to help our servers improve. If you are interested please email me at scout@lstg.ca
Ancaster, Canada
“Great food great service great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Always impressed for a family friendly casual restaurant. The food is great and the service is always friendly. They also offer take out which is great!

• Visited March 2014