“Nice hangout spot with great variety.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 183 Restaurants in Ajax
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Dessert, Bistro, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dine at this Symposium Café Ajax, Ontario restaurant located on the corner of Salem and Rossland. This Symposium Café Restaurant location is conveniently located on the NorthEast corner of Salem and Rossland in a small Ajax shopping plaza and is open 7 days a week, early mornings and late nights for your restaurant dining pleasure. We are located one kilometer from the main movie theatre and only a three minute drive to the Highway 401. This Ajax - Ontario Symposium Café seats 95 indoors and over 40 seats in a scenic stunning patio. We specialize in large group settings and can accommodate last minute dining functions fairly easily. Hope to see you soon at this Ajax - Ontario Symposium Cafe location! Beautiful Restaurant decor, scenic patio dining, fully licensed bar lounge. Located within 3 minutes of Highway 401. Located only a minute drive from the theaters. Open early mornings, open late nights - dining available to closing. Restaurant hours: Sunday – Thursday, 8am to 1am, Friday & Saturday, 8am to 2am.
“Nice hangout spot with great variety.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Visited Symposium for lunch. The daily specials are a very good value ie// Tuesdays - 9.99 pasta and 4.00 wine. The atmosphere is unique but not overwhelming and the menu is extensive but not unecessarily large. I also really liked the variety in the drink menu and the fact that the restaurant is open late. A great alternative to the pub scene.

Ajax, Canada
“Great value for your money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I almost hate writing this review...as the more folks find out about this place, the busier this place will be. (Don't want to share!)

I have been going to this place almost weekly since they opened. I love the weekly specials - pasta and wine night (Tuesday nights) is my favourite... Overall, outside of the specials, I feel that the menu offers great value for my money.

When they first opened, the service was a bit hit and miss (just due to new wait staff learning) - but over the past 6 months - the service has been consistently excellent.

I can hardly wait to get out on that patio this summer!

• Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I went here with my mom and we absolutely loved it. It was certainly one of the best meals we have ever had. The service was fantastic- our server was very attentive and friendly. She was very informative and answered all of our questions. She informed us about the various daily specials and we most certainly will be back! I definitely recommend the Jack Daniels Flat Iron steak- it was the most delicious steak I have ever had. The prices were amazing- we were able to get two entrees and dessert for $31. If you can go earlier in the evening for dinner, they have great options for the early bird special (ends at 5:30). Wonderful experience, can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2014
Ajax, Canada
“Great Food, Slow Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We live down the street and have been here a few times hoping that the service will improve. Each time it seems to get slower! I'm not sure how many more chances we will them if their slow service doesn't speed up!

• Visited March 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Have been here for brunch twice with family and continue to have good food and service. It has a very relaxed atmosphere and styled like a typical Trattoria; very nice. The food is good and fresher than many similar restaurants. Good for a casual meal and I'm sure drinks in the evening would be nice there. The staff are very friendly and the owner/manager is usually circulating and checking-in on everyone's experience.

• Visited January 2014