“Really good for a chain” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Canadian
Description: Riocan Plaza
Description: Riocan Plaza
Ajax, Canada
“Really good for a chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I generally like homemade or tavern burgers, but the burgers here are excellent. The fries were tasty, though I like mine crisp. The staff were friendly and they were very efficient. I don't know if I would become a regular, but 5 guys is definitely going on my list of approved chains.

Visited November 2012

Ontario
“Family loves the burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family loves these burgers! Me on the other hand have found them to lack taste. I tried them in NJ in October and found them sooo tasty, so I think my tastebuds have changed. No fault of Five Guys. My son and husband enjoy the double patty and my daughter and I have the smaller ones; it is more than enough burger that's for sure. They do not cut back on the fries, so order appropriately-you will have more than enough. The service was great; one employee made his rounds to every table to be sure everyone was enjoying their meal and if they had enough fries lol! We will be back...

• Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“good burger!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

After a day of Christmas shopping both my wife and I decided to try out five guys and were pleasantly surprised. The service was quick and friendly; the food was made fresh right in front of you. We both had a burger and shared the fries, tasted great. Will definitely be back and will be ordering the double and my own fries YUM!

• Visited December 2012
“A really great burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

First off, the staff is great! Friendly, personable, and a delight. And they make a mean burger! Don't go for the baby burger. Loosen your belt and go all out. It's really really good.

Visited December 2012
“Good burger and fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The two patty burger approach definitely gives a different (positive) taste to the burger, as you get more cooked surface in every bite. The fries were excellent. A single large was more than enough for me and two teenage sons. Big minus to Five Guys for not using real cheese, though - it's PCF ("Processed Cheese Food" - definitely processed (salty); not so sure about the "cheese" part (although it is light orange); OK I guess it's "food"). I have to say that I liked the rock music from the late 50s to the 80s. It wasn't all the usual stuff you get tired of. Any place that has E.L.O.'s "10538 Overture" playing has something good going for it. I'll go back from time to time, but Five Guys isn't going to be my first choice for a burger in Durham Region.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Five Guys? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Five Guys, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.