Stayed there a couple of time for business. The hotel was entirely renovated (hallways, rooms, common areas) and is a big notch above competition (Holiday Inn Express) in regards to the finishes, cleanliness and comfort. The breakfast area is nice and the food quality is also above the competition. You always have eggs and meat (saussage or bacon) and you have a selfserve waffle station. Coffee was excellent.
There are still improvements to do such as:
- Wi-fi capacity is not sufficient. At night wi-fi is unavailable because too many users are trying to connect and those who connect have no bandwith. This is 2013, everybody have devices using wi-fi, hotels should update their connection to meet the demand.
- There are no sheer drapes on the 2nd floor windows. This is strange as most rooms face a parking lot and if you want day light, you have to open night curtains and then everyone see directly in the room. It lacks privacy.
- The room is heated/cooled using an in-wall unit that has no shut-off thermostat. This means the unit runs constantly. It's noisy and I had a difficult time to sleep because of this. There should be a wall thermostat installed to turn the unit off once the set temperature is reached.
- Microwave: Not all rooms have micro-wave and those who have one, it's pretty old and doesn't work well. A decent quality microwave cost 86$ at Walmart. It's worth the investment to put a good one in all rooms that have a fridge.
So bottom line, everything is brand new in this hotel, why skimp on drapes and micro-waves that cost nothing ? Fix that and the wi-fi and thermostat issues and you will be #1 for business travellers in the region by far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn New Glasgow is now All New Just for You. Newly-Renovated Guest Rooms and Lobby, Free Hot Breakfast, and now 100% Non-Smoking-all with the same great award-winning hospitality. Comfort Inn New Glasgow is a recipient of Choice Hotel's 2013 Gold Award. Centrally located within Pictou County, it is an ideal location for both business and leisure travellers visiting New Glasgow, Stellarton, Westville, Trenton or Pictou. The Northumberland Ferry to P.E.I. Is just a short drive away. Newly renovated rooms feature flat screen TVs and mini-fridges. Hotel features include free hot breakfast, morning newspaper and free high speed wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Venere, Choice Canada, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn - New Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn - New Glasgow Hotel New Glasgow
- New Glasgow Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn - New Glasgow Nova Scotia