“That Seafood Chowder Though...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers, Seafood, Vegetarian, Healthy, Pasta, Soups, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Worcester, Massachusetts
“That Seafood Chowder Though...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Fantastic little place in Mahone Bay. The wait staff are all really charming girls, each with their own style. Very friendly service. The location is also wonderful, with a back patio that overlooks the bay. Creative decorating gives it a great vibe--the patio is shaded by a raised sail and jib! The whole place has a wonderful harbor town feeling. It also acts as a gallery for area artists, adding to the local atmosphere.

Now onto the food! To start, I've never had a better seafood chowder. And as a New England boy through and through, I love my clam and seafood chowders. I order them often, and have had a wide-range. This one though. Wow. It has a light, creamy broth that let's the seafood do the talking. And there is A LOT of seafood. Whole scallops, in-shell muscles, large chunks of smoked salmon--truly a great deal. See the attached picture. I can't recommend it enough--I would return just for this. The true star of the show.

I also had the scallop burger, which was dressed with a great haskap spread (this berry has really exploded in Nova Scotia recently). Very good in it's own right.

My mom had the fish cakes (see other photo), which were great. When traveling, eat the local culture, right? These won't disappoint.

I came to the Maritimes a few days ago, and eating here made me really feel like I had arrived. Enjoy!

Nova Scotia
“Excellent food - great presentation!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had never realized that this restaurant was here because I never went that far down the road. We always seemed to stop at the other end and never went any further. Fortunately, my friend did go down the road a little bit more and found this great restaurant. A couple weeks before my friend had ordered the sweet potato quinoa cakes and said they were delicious. I wasn't so sure about it but decided to try them. They came with a root ketchup and a salad that had a ginger beer vinaigrette. And she was right, they are absolutely delicious!! The salad had a great presentation with curled carrots and a good flavour with the vinaigrette. I would recommend this as a great plate of food. My friend had the beet salad and the tomato soup. I tasted the soup and it was excellent - such a fresh taste. I'm going to order that the next time. I also had a mimosa which had another fruit juice added but I can't remember what it was. It was very tasty. We both had the chocolate mousse for dessert - a nice light way to end your meal. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. They also have a patio out back which apparently has a nice view, but we just ate inside. It is a very nice place, and I loved my food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nova Scotia
“Fabulous Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Great variety on the menu. I had the all-day house breakfast. Delicious. The back deck has a stunning view of Mahone Bay. Wait staff were friendly and efficient. I will definitely go back.

Digby, NS
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Out on a day trip with a couple friends, we decided to get dinner in Mahone Bay. After scouting out a couple places with patios, we decided to try out Rebecca's. Their patio was comfortable and had nice views of the water; we also liked the sail as the roof to the patio!
Our server was really nice and helpful; I think she may have been the owner.
One of my friends had the salmon burger and salad and said it was delicious.
My other friend and I split the pulled pork and a chicken sandwich (and salad). The kitchen was nice enough to make sharing easy and cut the sandwiches in half and put them both on our plates.
All the food was delicious and you can definitely tell everything was made in house.
The three of us shared a vanilla creme brûlée and a mint chocolate mousse for dessert. The mousse wasn't overly minty but was still amazing. The creme brûlée was done perfectly also.
Really pleasant, relaxing restaurant with interesting decor. And the server always kept our water glasses full (bonus!)!

St. Stephen, Canada
“Superlatives Fail Me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Mahone Bay is called a "hidden gem" and this (Rebecca's) is the "hidden gem's hidden gem"!

The spectacular view from the deck is basically a given anywhere in Mahone Bay, but with the funky, quirky and comfy decor inside, nobody loses out even if the deck is packed when you arrive.

The staff are welcoming, pleasant and efficient. The service was quick but not hurried and each course arrived just a the right moment.

The food itself was remarkable. The appetizers were delicious but my main course (red quinoa salad with seared scallops) was ambrosia. I have never had scallops prepared so perfectly... NEVER!

This was so exceptional I almost forgot to mention the wine, which was excellent and dessert (poppy seed cake with orange glazed icing) which was JUST TOO good!

Oh, and by the way... there really is a Rebecca!

• Visited June 2014