“Lovely!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 13 Shopping in Mahone Bay
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Amos Pewter designs, creates and sells pewter gifts and keepsakes in our workshop and gift store located across the bay from the historic Three Churches in Mahone Bay on the South Shore of Nova Scotia. Visitors from around the world are captivated by our artisans and interpretive displays. Enjoy a guided demonstration and tour our workshop, take part in our Hands On Experience, and finish your own pewter Sand Dollar.
Bridgewater, Canada
“Lovely!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I go here whenever I am in Mahone Bay, always interesting to see the designers working on a new piece. Everything is beautifully displayed, and staff are attentive but not pushy. Beautiful building inside and out, great shopping experience.

Folly Beach, South Carolina, United States
“Superb! I'll second that.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

One of the shops that attracted us to Mahone Bay. Not just your ordinary trinket shop. Real pewter objects are created there. We found a diversity of items: household goods, collectables, jewelery. There were plenty of choices of size, style and cost.
I must admit to a dumb attack because we bought a nice cake knife and you quessed it, lost the beauty to security at the airport. Point is have sharp edges mailed.

Visited July 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
“lovely gifts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

While in Mahone Bay I made it a point to stop in to Amos Pewter. I had seen their work online, and wanted to buy in person. They have a great display area, and the sales people are very helpful. They also have a very informative demonstration area where they make all the items for the shop. I purchased a bangle for my daughter. I wasn't sure of the size, but one of the salesgirls was about the same build as my daughter and was delighted to model the different styles, and help with the size. Christmas shopping done!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Gifts for Everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Amos Pewter shop is one of the many pretty shops in Mahone Bay right at the waterfront. It's a beautiful and colourful building and offers a very large range of pewter gifts. Everything is beautfully and clearly displayed.
Whenever I visist friends in Nova Scotia I visit this shop and have always found lovely and unusual gifts to take home for friends in the UK or for myself.
The staff are very friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable and one can observe the designers at work.
I have also visited the Amos Pewter shop at Peggy's Cove and many shops in Lunenburg have Amos Pewter gifts for sale.
Definitely worth a visit if you are looking for a little more unusual gift or souvenir.

Toronto, Canada
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Something for everyone! My taste is more contempory. I made my bangles every day for two months and they look like new. People love the fact they are oval. I'm about to order more online. We visited Amos in Mahone Bay, Peggy's Cove and Halifax. All wonderful friendly service.

Visited July 2013