Ok, first off, to all you people complaining about there being no cell reception...this isn't the Resort's fault! You have to drive a few minutes either way up the road before you can use your phone, and besides, YOU'RE ON VACATION. I'm sure your calls can wait...and even then, you have a PHONE IN YOUR ROOM and there's still wi-fi! You're on vacation! embrace this beautiful spot! Go for a hike, take a canoe out for a spin, visit the gift shop, or just relax on your private deck and listen to the birds, watch the river...it truly is the best way to get away from technology...isn't that what vacation is all about?
Now that I've got that off my chest, I'll get to my review. The rooms are nice and clean, and the beds are comfy, as well as a beautiful view with a totally private view, what more could you want?
The restaurant is awesome, by the way, the Liscombe Burger is the best! Service in the dining room is wonderful and attentive, I also had the pleasure of seeing live entertainment as we enjoyed our meal. Breakfast buffet is good as well.
The place is one of those "down home feel good" type places with staff that make you feel welcome!
The only negative thing I have to say about this place is it's a little more pricey than I would like, but then again what isn't pricey nowadays !
Can't wait to come again this year, always feel refreshed after I leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Liscombe Lodge Resort and Conference Centre is any nature lover's dream destination. Overlooking Liscomb River on Nova Scotia's Eastern Shore, just two hours from Halifax, the resort offers guests a secluded destination to enjoy nature in its truest form. Their well-appointed Riverside Lodge offers 30 guestrooms and a luxury junior suite, while their 17 open-concept chalets and five four-bedroom cottages feature cozy fireplaces and spacious private-use verandas. Keeping you busy, 16 km of hiking trails, a heated indoor pool, 2 whirlpools, a sauna, fitness room, tennis court, shuffleboard, giant chess board, canoeing, kayaking, and bicycles all contribute to the many complimentary recreational options for a fabulous East Coast vacation. Enjoy Maritime cuisine with spectacular river views at the Riverside Dining Room. The savoury menu features incredible flavours, such as Nova Scotia maple syrup, and our resort's famous planked Atlantic salmon, cooked over an open fire. And, for a more casual experience, the Lone Cloud Lounge offers a relaxed atmosphere with traditional Maritime pub classics. Whether you are planning a success-inspiring Nova Scotia conference for your organization, an exciting Nova Scotia vacation, or a romantic destination wedding, Liscombe Lodge Resort and Conference Centre offers a rustic and comfortable experience for every occasion that will exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Liscombe Lodge Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liscombe Lodge Hotel Guysborough
- Liscombe Hotel Guysborough
- Liscombe Resort Guysborough
- Liscombe Lodge Resort And Conference Center Nova Scotia/Guysborough