“Altatravellers” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Delburne, Alberta, Canada
“Altatravellers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were lucky enough to have been suggested to this restaurant while we were in Annapolis Royal. The European food was delicious and the service was wonderful. The quaint little restaurant was warm, clean and inviting, and the service was great. The home-made Black Forest Cake was sinful!!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Croatia Style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Haaving recently returned from Croatia, we had to try the food here. Debrovko and his wife handle all of the functions so on a busy night it might be a little slolw. Mrs. is in the kitchen making most everthing from scratch. I had the Bosnian Pie. Great presentation and flavor, but could have used a little more sauce (so busy I did not ask for more). My wife had scollops which she said were better than the fancy restaurant in Halifax. WE were there twice and would definately go back again to try other interesting dishes.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Canada
“A touch of European”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I tried a couple of types of Schnitzel and both were quite good. The service was friendly and the place was clean.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

seafood was over cooked. Since the place is owned by someone from croatia, I also decided to try one of their traditional dishes. The pork was tough and not very tasty. Although the shreaded bell peppers garnishing the pork was somewhat tasty and fresh.

Visited July 2013
Annapolis Royal, Canada
“Been There Many Times- With many Friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I celebrate our anniversary every year with friends- or just us- at Sweet Secrets- we have NEVER- had a bad meal or experience there- we have met many wonderful people - especially the owners and their daughter. Whenever we have visitors from the States- we bring them there for a great dinner. As for it taking so long from start to finish- they are serving European style- meaning that you are not being rushed out the door- we have been places that take up to 4 hours for a dining experience to die for. Everyone these days are in such a hurry- sit back- and have a good time with friends- enjoy a wonderful meal- and relax. Yes, you are paying more than a fast food restaurant, but look at what you're getting. We have tried everything on the menu- and have not been disappointed at all. I am not a dessert person- I usually don't have room- but the peach melba is killer! That's after having an appetizer- and usually some kind of schnitzel and spatzele- or scallops- or sausages with kraut- or pasta and sauce - my favorite is the chicken cordon blue- all wonderful- for my entrée- never finish it all- saving room for desert. Doggie bags work well and reheat very well. We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Annapolis Royal- just remember to make reservations. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2012