“a beautiful escape” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Seafaring Maiden Bed and Breakfast

You added A Seafaring Maiden Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
A Seafaring Maiden Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   5287 Granville Rd., Granville Ferry, Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia B0S 1K0, Canada   |
Calgary, Canada
“a beautiful escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My friend and I went to A Seafaring Maiden to get out of the city. We were rewarded with incredible hospitality, a beautiful home, a picturesque view and delicious food.

The snow fell softly outside our window, and the smell of french toast wafted up the stairs to greet us. I felt so lucky and blessed to be able to start my day at A Seafaring Maiden and I left feeling rested and happy.

I am so excited to return! I am already looking at my calendar to see when I can come back!

Thank you so much Bill and Anne Marie!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Strasburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at A Seafaring Maiden, our hosts Bill and Anne Marie were very warm and welcoming with just the right amount of kindness and hospitality. When arriving we were met with a nice warm fire, and offered delicious drinks out of their own special stock. The home was in fantastic shape and loaded with century-old charm, while very clean and extremely well cared for. The bed was quite comfortable and we awoke to fresh coffee waiting for us in the hall outside our room. The gourmet breakfast was completely signature with lovely touches of local berries and Canadian maple syrup, a perfect way to get the day started out right. We would recommend this location to anyone looking for a lovely getaway, and will hopefully get back up there ourselves again soon!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong, every single room is lovely!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I was coming into the area for only one night to meet a friend the next day and due to bad weather I was arriving later than expected. I let them know and it wasn't an issue at all. Bill greeted me when I arrived and helped me with my bags, showed me around and was overall extremely welcoming without being pushy or otherwise known as "in my face" like some innkeepers can be. Breakfast was homemade to my liking and was delectable.

The place itself is actually much nicer than in the pictures I saw. For a home that is 130 years old it shows its character very well but is much more solid and quiet than most new buildings. The rooms are very large and perfectly laid out. I will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
St-Isidore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is one of the greatest B&B that I stayed in (I am there at least 4-6 times a year). My job consist of being on the road all year long in the Maritimes and I can say that I have never experience a service like Bill & Ann Marie gives. They are one of a kind and they will make you feel at home. Excellent food!
Flo Hache

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Yarmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We were lucky to find a room at this B&B last minute! Anne Marie offered us a warm welcome and ensured we were made very comfortable. Our bed was indeed comfortable and the room was immaculate. Bill made and served a delicious breakfast in the morning and was kind enough to indulge my husband in a visit with the cat. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this charming home and found ours hosts to be exceptional!

• Stayed October 2013
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had a great stay in the Captain's Room - the windows were great and overlooked the water. Bill and AnnMarie were friendly hosts, and the breakfast was delicious. I sincerely hope to find our way back here soon.

Room Tip: The Captains Room had great windows!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Moosehorn, Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I can not say enough about the kindness and going the extra mile that Bill and Ann Marie did to make my birthday extremely special. Before our arrival our children communicated to Bill and Ann Marie that it was my birthday and they prepared a gift basket, bouquet of flowers and reservations at a great restaurant to help celebrate my day. They opened their home and hearts to us and if anyone of you get a chance to stay with them you would be extremely fortunate, life is about the people we meet and Bill and Ann Marie are well worth meeting, Thanks again Janice and Gary Lowry

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to A Seafaring Maiden Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!