“What's up with the beds?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport

You added Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Pratt & Whitney Dr, Enfield, Nova Scotia B2T0A2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Scouseville
“What's up with the beds?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Overall, I enjoy staying at this location during quick stops at Halifax Airport.
The staff is courteous, the rooms are clean and smell decent too.

My only concern is a big one - about the beds. Every time I've stayed here the mattresses seem to have caved-in around mid-way from head to foot. This means my feet sit higher than my mid-section, which is lower than my head. In addition, one person cannot sleep in the middle of a king-size bed, as the left and right sides differ for whatever reason. The last time I attempted to sleep in the middle I had major back pains the day after, which took 2 weeks to get better.

This is a nice hotel, but I can only give in 3* instead of 5* because of the poor bed quality. Far and away from what I've come to expect from the Hilton brand.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submitt a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to read that you had an uncomfortable sleep. Sometimes the settings on the GSS bed are not set identical which can cause one side to be softer than the other. This is not the norm and I can assure you that I will discuss with the housekeeping department and remind them to check the settings everyday. I appreciate the feedback. We will use this as a training opportunity.
That said, we are beginning a new bed program that started a few months ago. The first shipment is here and the second is due next week. The new bed will be a Serta Pillow top bed which has been approved by Hilton as a replacment to the GSS bed.

I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again and that you have a comfortable sleep.

If you would like to discuss further I would be happy to speak to you over the phone.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Miramichi, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Good place to sleep. I would probably stay here again. It has everything a person needs. The lobby is just lovely, it really struck me. Quite clean too! Rooms are nice! Extremely close to the airport! Can't lose, really.

• Stayed March 2013
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review with Tripadvisor about our hotel.

I am pleased to read about your positive experience and I will be sure to share your comments with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you again. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

Kind regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Nova Scotia often and this hotel is the best choice at Halifax airport. There is a reliable shuttle from the terminal, rooms are modern and clean and the dining room has a good menu with attentive service. Lots of parking if you are driving. Business centre is small but ok for minor tasks. Drive into the city is about 25 minutes. I have never been disappointed here.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

I am pleased to read that you are happy with our hotel and services.

There is good news about the business center. Although the size won't change, we are installing new equipment on April 3, 2013 which will include one PC and one Mac computer. Technical support will be provided remotely through a Hilton Brand supported company. This should ensure we have the most reliable equipment available in the business center.

Thanks for submitting a review of our hotel through Tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards

Batesville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip and was very pleased with the entire faciltiy. Everything was clean and everyone very friendly & helpful. Having the restaurant on site is extremely convenient and the food was very good there. Both the check in and check out went flawlessly and my wake up call was exact. Couldn't have been more pleased.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
I am writing to express my thanks to you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

We hope to welcome you again.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor.

All the best.

St. Johns, Newfoundland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Convenient and Clean. Friendly and Fresh. With staff that greet you with a smile and hello is always welcome to a weary traveler either coming or going. Having a shuttle to and from the airport is an asset. Having free parking is also a great perk (7days parking per one night stay is a great savings). This is certainly my first choice to stay when travelling the NS area. The Holiday Inn is as convenient and as accommodating. Both are very nice places to stay.

Room Tip: pre book as rooms fill up fast
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

I am pleased to read you had a great stay.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The staff here are very nice and the hotel itself is very new and modern. I always stay here before travelling from Halifax International Airport due to its close proximity to the airport and delicious breakfast!

Thanks for a great stay. See you on my next journey :-)

• Stayed March 2013
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for submitting a review to Tripadvisor about the Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

I am pleased to read that you are our choice when staying near the Halifax Stanfield International Airport.

We wish you safe journeys and look forward to welcoming you again.

All the best.

Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed here many times since the hotel has opened and had a great experience every time. The hotel is clean and the shuttle service to the airport is great. You can park your car right at the hotel while your on your vacation and just get it when you get back hassle free. My first choice for hotels when using the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel with Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you always have a great experience with our hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you again soon.

David Clark

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!