“where to stay any day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport

You added Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Pratt & Whitney Dr, Enfield, Nova Scotia B2T0A2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Johns, Newfoundland
“where to stay any day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Convenient and Clean. Friendly and Fresh. With staff that greet you with a smile and hello is always welcome to a weary traveler either coming or going. Having a shuttle to and from the airport is an asset. Having free parking is also a great perk (7days parking per one night stay is a great savings). This is certainly my first choice to stay when travelling the NS area. The Holiday Inn is as convenient and as accommodating. Both are very nice places to stay.

Room Tip: pre book as rooms fill up fast
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

I am pleased to read you had a great stay.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us.

David Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The staff here are very nice and the hotel itself is very new and modern. I always stay here before travelling from Halifax International Airport due to its close proximity to the airport and delicious breakfast!

Thanks for a great stay. See you on my next journey :-)

• Stayed March 2013
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for submitting a review to Tripadvisor about the Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

I am pleased to read that you are our choice when staying near the Halifax Stanfield International Airport.

We wish you safe journeys and look forward to welcoming you again.

All the best.

Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed here many times since the hotel has opened and had a great experience every time. The hotel is clean and the shuttle service to the airport is great. You can park your car right at the hotel while your on your vacation and just get it when you get back hassle free. My first choice for hotels when using the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel with Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you always have a great experience with our hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Nova Scotia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We've stayed here several times before and it's always been excellent. This trip had a couple of problems though. Before I go into details I'll say that the manager resolved this to my satisfaction. The hot-tub was malfunctioning and it was far too hot - even scalding temperature. Front desk said they have to add cold water every day but the maintenance guys were busy with shuttles that day. Our toilet had trouble flushing & we asked for maintenance to fix it while we went to breakfast. When we came back there was a dirty glove left on the floor beside the toilet.
Buffet breakfast is absolutely great - our favorite of all hotels. Hot food is cooked-to-order so it's fresh - not sitting out in a warming tray like other hotels. Pool area is nice & bright. The TV was only 26" which seemed very small compared to other hotels. Even though this hotel is outside the city it's only a 10-15 minute drive to shopping at Dartmouth Crossing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for submiting a review about our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that the department manager was able to address your concerns.

I am also pleased to let you know that we have several capital programs underway for 2013. The hot tub is one of those projects and I hope to have it replaced by the end of the year.

I am also pleased to let you know that we are replacing all of our TVs over the next few months. We will be moving to a 42' TV.

Thank you for staying with us. We hope to welcome you again.

Windsor, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel was very clean and had very comfortable beds. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It has a shuttle to airport that is a great service. I like the fact that there is a pool, whirlpool and exercise room that is open until 11pm. I would recommend to any traveler.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport and for subitting a review of our hotel with Tripadvisor.

We hope so welcome you again.

Charlottetown, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn located near the Halifax airport. This was our second visit to this hotel and I was a little disappointed. I didn't find the service nearly as good or the staff as friendly compared to last year. The room was just decent but I had a terrible time sleeping. The mini fridge was loud and the air seemed to be dry and dusty. The climate control panel was not attached to the wall and would randomly shoot out cold or hot air. Needless to say, we got very little sleep, which defeated our reason for staying here which was to get some rest before an early flight. I also found the shuttle drivers were not nearly as friendly or helpful as last year. Additionally, there needs to be more shuttles, especially when arriving back in Halifax. Like last year there was almost an hour wait time due to long lines people for the shuttle. We ended up paying for a taxi rather than standing outside in the cold for an hour. Getting to the airport is no problem, but the return is a nightmare. Maybe management should look into having a waiting area inside the terminal which might be a bit more comfortable.

I don't think I would probably return to this hotel and have canceled a future booking due to my experience. It has potential but service has slipped and the rooms need to be addressed as well as more shuttles added to make this hotel a good value.

Room Tip: Top floor would be ideal
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

I am sorry to read that your experience wasn't as you expected.

We are working diligently with our several new staff members to get them up to the skill level we require to provide the best service possible. I hope that the lack of friendlyness was more a case of nervousness with the new team members. I know that this can be the perception in the beginning with new employees as they develop more confidence.

I apoplogize for the delay with the shuttle service. I can assure you that we monitor the arrivals schedule and ask our guests when they plan to return so that we can do our best to provide acceptable capacity. There are times when poor weather causes changes to the arrival times and can create some delays all around. We regularly have 4 shuttles in service at this time of year. We have approached the Airport Authority about allowing us to pick up in a different area where there could be a waiting area for both of our guests. It would certainly be helpful with our cause if you could also send the Halifax International Airport Authority a message indicating your concern. Contact information can be found at www.hiaa.ca

I am sorry to read that you have canceled future reservations and I am sorry to read that this is the first I have heard of this concern. I wish we had an opportunity to address this while you were here.

I can assure you that this is not the normal level of service with our hotel.

We wish you all the best.

New Brunswick, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night on our way to our vacation South. We took advantage of the long term parking rate and we always appreciate this option. We do this every year. Check in was fast and easy. An attendant followed my husband to the long term parking lot and brought him back to the hotel. Although the hotel was busy, our room was quiet. All was good except the bed! Both my husband and I hardly slept as we were sunked into the mattress, so bad that I had a difficult time getting out of bed. This is the first time that this has happened at this hotel. Don't know if it's time to get new mattresses but it was very uncomfortable. Our second complaint was breakfast. We got to the lobby area and waited for the shuttle to the airport. We both wanted to get a fruit and muffin to go from the breakfast buffet and although the attendant was there and bringing food out, he refused that we get something because they would only be open in 5 minutes. We wern't the only ones asking for fruit, but no way! This was somewhat frustrating. We do understand that breakfast was not officially open but grabbing a fruit and muffin to go when it is available? The rest of our short stay was good...but something has to be done about the mattress condition.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input on our service and amenities and we apologize you were uncomfortable in our bedding. We are in the process of replacing King Sized beds over the next few months. I know how important a good night sleep is and the bed must always be in perfect condition.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.

David Clark

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!