“I enjoyed my room so much, it made me wish my lay over was longer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ALT Hotel Halifax Airport

You added ALT Hotel Halifax Airport to your Saves list
ALT Hotel Halifax Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Silver Dart Drive, Enfield, Nova Scotia B2T 1k2, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
Free parking
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
“I enjoyed my room so much, it made me wish my lay over was longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

The service was really great. The room didn't have a fridge but the desk staff offered to hold my items in their fridge. The room was very comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised that I could not hear the planes landing.
I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in an extremely convienent location for late arrives / early departures at the Halifax airport. After getting my luggage it only took approx 10 minutes before I was safely in my hotel room. There is also a very affordable bus right opposite the hotel that can take you directly downtown Halifax.

I found the hotel room very nifty looking / modern however it lacked some of the essential elements I have come to expect in a hotel room: coffee maker, place to put my suitcase, hotel directory, bar of soap, etc. It seems like throughout my short stay, I kept having to search for things within the hotel room. On the positive side, it was nice that there were blackout curtains.

In terms of serice, I had a very fast and friendly checkin experience. The worst thing that happen related to service was getting a 5:00am wake-up call from the hotel that I did not order. The phone is on the far side of the room so I had to get out of bed to answer it. Being the clumsy person I am, I managed to run into the side of bed on route back to bed (still got the huge bruise to prove it!). I mentioned at checkout the unexpected call and the lady at reception was somewhat apologetic.

Since I was only at hotel from approx 11:30pm to 6:00am I didn't have a chance to check out the restaurant / lounge area. I'm not sure what other things there were to explore in the hotel as there was no guest directory in the room.

Overall its an okay hotel. With a few modifications this could really be a nice hotel (e.g. Provide guests with soap and don't randomly call them at 5am...)

• Stayed August 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Ended up here as a result of a rental car screw up leaving is stick at the airport at midnight.
Love the concept. Our room was quiet and our bed very comfortable. Concierge was friendly. Only thing I would change is adding a coffee maker to our room.
Ignore my room service rating, there isn't any. I clicked it by accident and can't figure out how to correct it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pictou, Nova Scotia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

great location for an early morning flight. No one gave direction on how to use the room. No tub, but advertised it everywhere. Took about 15 mins to figure out how to use the lights. Chairs in room were not functional to sit in, more like artwork. No coffee maker, no where to really sit your luggage to open it, the two cut out pieces of ceiling above my bed were not really reassuring, ceiling looked liked plywood with nails about to pop out at any minute. Cold and unwelcoming. I was the first person from my company to to stay here and will not recommend it, the location does not out weigh the uncomfortable experience.

Room Tip: go to another hotel close to the airport.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MSchaay1, General Manager at ALT Hotel Halifax Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hello Jbg1970,

Thank you for the feedback you shared. ALT Hotels really is an Alternative hotel experience. We are unique in our furnishings and room decor. For example, we do have exposed concrete in our rooms. Our chairs are Calla chairs from Italy and truly are a work of art. We apologize that the front desk did not explain the concept and educate you on the lighting. We have followed up with our team. Once again, thank you for the feedback.

Mark Schaay
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here before an early flight. This hotel was exactly what we needed - a quick walk across the road to check in. The hotel rooms were comfortable although they would probably not be seen as traditional - this is a boutique hotel. The food available was fresh and very good. The pool is quite small but my son and I were able to have a quick dip. The beds were very comfortable and we didn't hear any outside noise. The only issue was when I looked at my credit card statement I had been charged twice for the room. I called the hotel and the problem was quickly addressed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tortola
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We arrived in a car rental came in with a lot of cases only to find it was a maze to find check-in ( two floors up) We asked for a porter . There is none . We asked for a Trolly/ Cart . There are not any ! ( something about they were ordered and did not turn up from one staff and they keep them locked up from another!!! The fist lady we got was rude and slow and not at all helpful . The two men we met later were nice and helpful .There is no coffee / tea makers in the room. There is no information on check out or anything for that matter ,in the room. There is food . All pre packaged you buy and a microwave is provided. No room service. The doors are VERY VERY heavy , or maybe its just ours , id worry about older people . The rooms and bathrooms are clean . Beds too small. Shower has to squirt to the side because plumbed in wrong. It is in a great location and with the right management should do well. Its fine for a night not much longer !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Gypsygirlforever,

Thank you for the feedback you provided about our hotel. We really do appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

We apologize that we did not meet your expectations for this trip. Our lobby is located on the third floor of the hotel as we are connected to the Halifax airport via pedway. A large percentage of our guests utilize the pedway. We have added additional directional signage to the main floor to help guide guests via elevator. I'm surprised about the comment about the Trolley cart. We do share with the airport and have a large number available, my apologies.

We do provide complimentary coffee in our lobby bar every morning until 11am. We also have coffee machines upon request. If you like, please send me an email and I will ensure we add notes to your profile to have a coffee machine in the room for future stays. Also, if you don't mind letting me know what room number you stayed in that would be helpful as well. We would be happy to take a closer look at the door and shower for you. Please feel free to call down during your stay; we have Maintenance staff readily available.

Once again, thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Mark Schaay
mschaay@althotels.ca
Enderby, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife, daughter, and I stayed here one night this week - we had to catch a very early flight (0615). We booked a room online (2 Queen beds). We arrived at check-in time (1500) - everything went smoothly. Very nice room, great shower! Love the parabolic magnifying mirror on the bathroom wall - best shave I've had in years! The decor is a mix of materials (similar to the style of the Stanfield Airport next door) wood, exposed concrete and wallpaper. The interior design is very nice and modern - my wife and I both liked it. The hotel is very new, so everything is in very good condition. The beds are comfortable, the room very quiet. There's an elevated 'tunnel' connecting the hotel to the airport, very convenient for getting to your flight on time in all kinds of weather. Nice pool table in the lobby, my 6 year old and I played our first game of pool together! The photo montage on the wall of the lobby is very interesting too, a nice touch (guest-submitted photos).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to ALT Hotel Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!