“Excellent YHZ location.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Victoria, BC
“Excellent YHZ location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the night of December 9th. We arrived in a snow storm and the hotel shuttle was still running on schedule, I was impressed! The hotel staff were friendly and accommodated our luggage after we arrived and had to leave right away to return our car rental. Our room was nice, the beds and pillows were comfortable. I only wish we had more time but we arrived late and checked-out very early for our flight the next morning. Even with snow still on the ground, the hotel shuttle was still on schedule to the minute. Because we left so early in the morning, we didn't take the time to enjoy the breakfast but we could smell the bacon as we wandered out of the lobby. The hotel is an excellent choice for proximity to the airport and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this location to every traveler that I know :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time for responding Joanne S, it sounds like you experienced the service that we pride ourselves on. I am happy to see that you had a great overnight stay with us.
I hope to welcome you back soon.
Safe travels

Cheers

John Duggan,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel was fairly new and very clean and comfortable! The hotel staff helped us with a lot of questions about the area including our need for directions and maps. Breakfast was wonderful and fresh each day. Appreciated having such a great place to come back to after sightseeing for a couple of days. We opted for an upgrade to a larger room/suite and thought it was well worth it for the extra space.

Room Tip: Opted for a suite which was very nice and we appreciated the extra space!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank-you for the top score review Jardindemichelle! We are glad that you got to take advantage of all of our hotel amenities. Thank-you for recognizing our amazing staff, we hope to see you again soon!

Cheers,

John
Droitwich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Used this hotel for one night After landing at Halifax Airport. Free shuttle bus service running every 30 minutes was a great help. Typical North American hotel in terms of high quality, clean room with huge comfy bed. Restaurant with straightforward menu, but the food was well cooked and very tasty. Good value for money.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you Turbinetraveller for your kind review. I am happy to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Our returning guests do find that it is good value to stay overnight and park when they are travelling since the airport is only minutes away and we have a free shuttle service.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.
Safe travels
John
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

As I always do with my visits to Nova Scotia, I stayed here for my last night of my trip. The hotel is situated near the airport so it makes for a quick drive in the morning. The rooms are very comfortable and modern. If you are on the front side of the hotel you may notice the airplanes taking off sometimes. It was not that loud in the evenings for me. The service was very nice as well.

One of my favourite features I always enjoy is the little market where you buy a drink or snack. There are no stores nearby so it's nice to not have to go very far after I've settled into my room. I didn't try the breakfast the last time I stayed but previous times I've grabbed a couple of items before heading to the airport.

I rented a car this time and I noticed the parking lot can get busy so I found a nice spot around the back. sS if you can't find anything good out front there's plenty of room behind the hotel and it's less busy.

All in all it's a very nice and consistently good stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you Heather D for your great review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the snacks in our pantry and how close and convenient we are to the airport. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in Halifax.
Safe Travels
Brigus, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel on many occasions and find the same great service and staff each time. The rooms are clean and fresh smelling. The hot breakfast has everything you need to start your day. Highly recommend.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Joan H for your kind review. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service and facilities.
See you next time!
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this location in Late September 2013 while waiting to catch an early flight to the Caribbean. The staff are super friendly and honest. We had booked our room well in advance, upon arrival the rate we originally paid online had dropped by close to $30. The clerk made us aware that there was a rate drop and adjusted the price point to reflect the current rate. There aren't very many merchants left on the planet that would be willing to be up front and honest with a customer knowing that they will bring in slightly less revenue by being honest.

The hotel is very clean, the beds are comfy, and they have a free shuttle that runs to the airport 24 hours a day. There is a nice restaurant in the Hotel next door if you need a meal before settling in. They have very reasonable park & fly rates if you are travelling for more than a few days. If you are flying into or out of the Halifax area, you won't regret spending your money to stay at this location. Just by by honest with me and my wife regarding the price when I checked in, this hotel is now my #1 location to stay when flying from the Halifax airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Wow!! Thank you CommanderRyker for your excellant 5 star review. I am glad to hear that our front desk staff provided you with such great customer service and honesty. Thank you for choosing our hotel to be your #1 choice when staying in Halifax!
Cheers!!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is very nice. It is not posh, so it gets 4&1/2. Free hot breakfast, close to the bus line (just a couple of bucks to get to & from downtown), good gym, nice pool, comfortable clean beds & room, & nice staff. I like this place.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Christie K for your great review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that we can welocme you back the next time you are in Halifax.
Safe Travels!
John Duggan

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!