“Very nice suites” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Glenghorm Beach Resort

You added Glenghorm Beach Resort to your Saves list
Glenghorm Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   36743 Cabot Trail | P.O. Box 39, Ingonish, Nova Scotia B0C1K0, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Ingonish
Manitoba
“Very nice suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

We stopped in without reservations after 5 one evening and were offered the 1 bedroom queen suite for half price. It was a very large and clean room with electric fireplace, fridge and microwave and kitchen utensils. We had a very nice dinner in their restaunt and a fun time in their pub with a great scotish entertainer. Had a nice walk on the beach in the morning befor we left. Really liked it here but think full price is much too high for that room. Glad we came though!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Waunakee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed here on our first night on the Cabot Trail. We had two reservations for our group of five. Four of us stayed in the two bedroom suite, which was located on the second floor of the building (two units below us). The suite was nicely decorated with two very large bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large living room/kitchen area and a small deck that had a limited view of the water. The property has lots of cabins that lead to the water. There is a fire ring for a group campfire. The onsite restaurant had excellent food with a "upscale casual" feel. There was a pub downstairs with live music. Internet access was in the lobby area only.
Although I really enjoyed the suite, I would consider staying in one of the cabins next visit to be closer to the water.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Glenghorm, General Manager at Glenghorm Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2010
Thank You for all your feedback. We appreciate and value all that our guests have to say. We realize that our cottages are rustic & we are presently rennovating the exteriors. We are working on replacing roofs, siding and trim work. Upon completion of all exteriors, we will upgrade the interiors. The location of our cottages is amazing, and offers a full ocean view and a beautiful sandy beach. Besides our beach front location, we are very fortunate to have a very hard working, loyal and friendly staff. If you're after a peaceful & fun stay, the Glenghorm is the place to enjoy a delicous meal in our Crofter's Table Restaurant or go downstairs & sample our pub food while listening to the best of celtic music, 7 nights a week.
Paris, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

I have a family with children 2 and 1. We reserved the Gaidheal room. It is about a 1-2 star room. We did not take it, and was thankfully upgraded to the 1 bedroom suite for an agreeable price. That suites are beautiful and roomy for a family of 4. You can hear the waves crash on the shore, there is a campfire every night down by the ocean, jungle gyms for the kids, great location on the trail, and a very good restaurant. The staff at the restaurant especially Sue not Susan was very unfriendly every time we met her. The rest of the staff was great. We would go back again if we could get the suite at the same price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Think resorts and posh comes to mind. This is not really either. The rooms in the main lodge are basically motel rooms. They are clean but sparsely decorated. We could not get into the Keltic Lodge which is where everyone should stay!!! That is a real resort. There are cottages at Glenghorm which looked pretty run down and had people's towels and such hangin all over. Reminded me of a campsite. We did notice that further away they had more modern cottages that looked nice, probably their deluxe properties which might be good. It is on a beach which is rocky. There was a restaurant but we did not eat there. We went to the Keltic Lodge and ate in their bar (restaurant was booked) which had music and was very nice. The food was good there, although we had mostly bar food. When we came back to the lodge, they had some music in their pub. Problem was my 17 year old was not allowed in. I'm sure it's the law but we were allowed into the pub at the Keltic Lodge. Too bad too because the music was really good. Nearby is the Highlands Gold Course which my husband and son played at and loved. My other son and I went whale watching with Ingonish Whale Watching. No whales just dolphins. Captain was nice enough and tried hard but to no avail. If whale watching is your thing, go from Pleasant Bay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I am not sure in what cottage/cabin some of the people stayed, but we stayed in cabin #503 and it was more than we expected... 2 bedrooms, 2 full washrooms and full housekepping...... they even clean our BBQ after we used it... I had never seen this kind of service in other cottages I rented, where you clean everything in the kitchen before you leave or you usually have to make your own bed. The beach was amazing, my kids loved it! very calm and it was relaxing to sit in the lounge chairs watching the ocean from this property. They didn't advertise ocean view from the cottages, so I wasn't expecting having to walk far to the beach, but we were jsut a few stepd, I could see the ocean from the entrance of my cottage and could heard the waves from my room. the staff was really corteous and helpful. The restaurant was really good, we eat every day and all the plates were good. At night , they started a fire pit and kept it going, even tough there wasn't any people staying for long, most people sat down for a bit and then left. We did like this property and we would come back..... if I had to complain about something it would be one my my washrooms had a couple of small holes in the sink and the bathtub, the water was running on the shower constantly as it was hard to close, so the runnign water left marks in the bathtub....... to me it was not a big deal. I could probably pay an extra $70- to $150 a day for other resorts with a beautiful beach in Cabot Trail like the Celctic, but I rather save the money and eat better...... I agree with some reviews they could upgrade the washrooms, but if they do they would probably have to increase the prices. I talke dto one of our neighbors that was staying at cabin #501 and she mantioned the wahroom was not that good, but in our cabin out of the two wahrooms, only one neede soem fixing. I heard this resort also have suites that have been renovated and apparently are beautful inside, but the starting price for these suites are $299 a day, which is much higher than the $170 a day I paid for the 2 bedroom/ 2 washroom cottage.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Halifax
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

This may have been a nice resort 20 years ago but it is quite a dive now. Shabby and didnt feel clean. The pool was closed which nobody told us when we booked or checked in. The 'beach' of the beach resort was rocky and very hard to access and when we went for dinner we waited over an hour for our food. Which wasn't too impressive when we got it. for the money I would keep driving, as you can find other places around this price point that aren't like this place. The pictures on their website are very deceiving and we felt ripped off but didnt let it ruin our trip because Cape Breton is so very pretty.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

What more can I say, it was overpriced and shabby, services advertising in the Nova Scotia 2010 travel guide were not available, the complex is tired and run down and we would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Glenghorm Beach Resort? Share your experiences!