“Sunny coffee” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Manchester, England
“Sunny coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Lovely coffee with an oatmeal cookie sitting out in the sun. Friendly staff. Stop here for your caffeine fix.

Visited September 2013

Sheffield Yorkshire
“Wonderful coffee/tea stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We've not found many places near a main road to get a comfortable coffee break in Cape Breton but the bean barn was perfect. Great drinks and tasty baked goods macaroon madness and incredible coconut pie. Other people were having what looked like great breakfasts. I'd also give it my washroom of the Cabot trail award - clean spacious attractive decor. What more could a traveller want.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Canada
“My Main Stop in Ingonish for Coffee and Carrot Cake!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I spend a lot of time in The Cape Breton Highlands around Ingonish and its about time someone opened a nice coffee shop in the area! I spend a lot of time at The Bean Barn either having breakfast, drinking coffee while working on some writing or reading or I grab a coffee to go so I can enjoy it while watching the sunset at Ingonish Beach. I really like the comfortable atmosphere and spacious interior of this cafe and it is never too crowded which means I never feel the need to give up my seat if I am there for a long time. They have a wide selection of caffeinated beverages, baked goods, breakfast items, sandwiches and lunch items and most recently, pizza. My personal favorite is the carrot cake! I do find some of the items a little pricey and the Wifi never works when I am there which can be a problem for me if I am trying to get some work done or trying to contact my family at home. I am told that they get their Wifi from the resort next door so maybe it would be a better idea to get their own?? I tend to associate cafes with being able to enjoy a coffee while working or browsing the net, especially if it is too cold or rainy to go to the beach. Sometimes, if you sit at a certain table in a certain area of the room, you can get a very slow connection but usually there is none at all. Other than that, I will continue to make this place one of my favorite stops when I am in the area. This cafe also opens very early in the morning which is a plus for me because I like to have my coffee as soon as I wake up and I am a very early riser!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Pricey and not much selection”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This might be the place if you want pastry or a small bite. My husband and I stopped here hoping for hearty meal before our hike up Broad Cove Mt and Middle Head trail but were disappointed by the selection and the proportion of our meal. The staff were not as friendly compared to other restaurants we have been along the Cabot Trail. Wifi service was not great either.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great coffee and breakfast stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Found this from TripAdvisor and it was a. Great place to visit for breakfast when staying at Keltic Lodge. Good menu with a range of breakfast and brunch items, well presented. Nice coffee and good efficient service. Lots of locals in there too which is a good indication.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere