“Great trails with awesome views” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Attractions in Ingonish
Type: National Parks, Outdoors
Activities: Viewing wildlife, Driving, Camping, Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: Treasures abound throughout the headlands and rugged cliffs of Cape Breton Highlands with its abundant wildlife, spectacular scenery and human history dating back to the last Ice Age.
Kincardine, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Great trails with awesome views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We loved the Skyline and Middle Head trails and the virws of the Beulach Ban and Mary Ann Falls. We did not appreciate the litter that lines the roadside.

• Korean first
Calgary, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“absolutely breathtaking scenery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

this is truly one of the most diverse, rugged and beautiful locations in Nova Scotia!

Visited June 2012
Kingston, Canada
12 attraction reviews
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stop at all the look out, but watch out for the kamikaze moose

Montreal, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Nice road to cycle with quite challenging hills to climb but when you see the ocean and the nice outdoor, you forget the pain! :-)

Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Whistle Stop road trip to Cape Breton Highlands”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I had just a few precious days after working in Halifax, Nova Scotia before I had to fly home to Vancouver, BC. I chose to rent a car and drive as far as I could get around in the time I had. I made my way up to the very top of Cape Breton - all the way up the scenic route on the West side and through the Highlands National Park & back down towards Halifax. Now I had done my homework and much that I read told me this was some of the most fabulous scenery I could expect to see anywhere. Now I have travelled a LOT, all over the world including the Canadian Rockies, all over the US; Mexico, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe; Europe, the UK, Australia, New Zealand , etc etc so ...you get the idea...I have seen a lot and it has to be truly outstandingly spectacular to get me raving. I'm going to say up front that I have seen NOTHING as spectacular as the Canadian Rockies (esp. the Icefield Parkway) for sheer take your breath away grandeur. There are many other places I have gone to visit many times and love a lot. So maybe I was expecting a little more from the Cabot Trail? However, there is NO doubt that it is pretty spectacular. Beautiful coastal & mountain scenery. Lovely and most 100% definitely worth seeing. . But THE most beautiful route on the globe? Not so sure about that. We have much higher trees and mountains in BC.... but then I'm biased....I chose well to live here. Would I visit again, take hubby to see it? Yes, definitely would provided I did not choke when I figured out the cost of an airfare to the other side of our beautiful country?!

Visited June 2012