When we arrived, they had put us in one of the buildings that was not the main hotel. The room was musty smelling, and needed quite a bit of work. After seeing another room in the same building, we were finally relocated to a room in the main hotel--problem solved! I could not have spent 1 hour, let alone 3 nights in the first building--I am not sure how anyone can stand it?!?
The hotel grounds are very nice, and the staff was generally pleasant. The location is beautiful, and the views cannot be beat. I don't think there are many other choices if you want a hotel near/practically on the Cabot Trail. The food was ok.
Prior to our stay at the Keltic Lodge, we stayed at their sister hotel, Digby Pines, and LOVED it! Everything at Digby Pines seemed nicer, the staff was friendlier, the grounds better... After being at the Digby Pines, maybe our expectations were too high...in comparison, the Keltic Lodge was a bit of a let down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic Cape Breton resort, Keltic Lodge Resort and Spa, is located in the heart of Cape Breton Highlands National Park overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Just 2 hours from Sydney, NS and a scenic 5 hour drive from Nova Scotia’s capital city Halifax, the 105 room resort has been welcoming guests to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia since July 1940. Keltic offers versatility for Cape Breton accommodations with rooms in the main lodge, spacious rooms in the Inn at Keltic and cozy two and four bedroom cottages with fireplaces and verandas. The Cape Breton resort is the perfect spot for a Nova Scotia family vacation with recreation facilities on-site or nearby that include a heated outdoor pool, Atlantic Ocean Ingonish Beach, hiking, wilderness trails, lawn games, whale watching, Aveda Spa and boat cruises. Adjacent to the resort is the Cape Breton golf icon, the 18 hole championship Highlands Links Golf Course, ranked by Score Golf Magazine as Atlantic Canada's Top Public Course in 2009. The Cape Breton golf course, rich in the Scottish tradition, has been restored to Stanley Thompson's magnificent original design. The Purple Thistle Breakfast Room and Atlantic Restaurant and Bar overlooking the Atlantic Ocean offer a comfortable dining experience and traditional Maritime menu. The Highland Sitting Room features a pub menu for lunch and dinner and nightly live Celtic entertainment. Nova Scotia conferences are welcome at Keltic Lodge with 13,000 sq ft of meeting space spread throughout the resort utilizing the restaurants and bars for private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keltic Lodge Resort And Spa
- Keltic Hotel Ingonish
- Keltic Resort Ingonish
- Keltic Lodge Nova Scotia
- Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa Ingonish, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island