“Overpriced!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Overpriced!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Excellent service, but food was a mixed experience and completely overpriced. Seafood was generally good, but dishes were somewhat oily and greasy, including scallops and lobster gnocchi. The lobster was rather tough. Breakfast buffet is excellent and reasonably priced.

Visited October 2012

niagara falls
“Fine dining on the east coast? I think not.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

First night's dinner for our family to start our maritime road trip. I was looking forward to great east coast seafood. The dining room was beautiful, very historic looking, great ocean views. Service was excellent. Staff was well trained. Food quality? Totally different story unfortunately. Mussels for appetizer - tiny chewy morsels, like eating erasers and almost as flavourful. The curried broth was lukewarm and there was barely enough to cover the bottom of the bowI. Halibut for the main course- reputed to be freshly caught. The waitress assured me that it would not be overcooked but it was exactly that. I could lift the fillet up by its edge with my fork and it rolled around the plate like a hockey puck. The kids had fish and chips. The batter was dark dark brown, (burnt). Fish looked overcooked. Goodness gracious! The chef ought to be embarrassed to put out food like this. Nothing worse than overcooked seafood. I expected much much better from the Keltic Lodge.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Summerfield, Florida
“Overpriced, for average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary dinner here while staying at the Keltic Lodge. It took an hour between time we placed our order and received our meal. The waiter explained that usually customers appreciate that time for hors d'oerves and drinks. The meal itself proved not outstanding enough to compensate for the wait or cost. All in all, our dining experience was disappointing.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nova scotia
“Quite a disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

We had dinner at the purple thistle dining room and were quite underwhelmed!!! First of all the prices on the menu are way over priced! Beef tenderloin for 40$ something??? That is ludicrous!! The server was lovely but the service was so slow it really was astounding!!!
I ordered a chicken dish with risotto and I have to say it was the worst risotto I have ever had...no flavor what so ever...I cook a lot and certainly know how it should taste...truly a disappointment!
The wine list is very overpriced as well!
Ther were 6 of us for dinner and not one of us can say " that was good". We spent the rest of our time at Keltic eating at other places that had not only much better food but much better prices.....it is a sin as Keltic Lodge is located in a beautiful place and liked our accomadations...they really need some help with the service and food here

Austin, Texas
“Nice place but nothing tooooo tasty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

A nice enough place but the food was just fine, nothing amazing. Unless you need something fancy, go to a local spot instead for better food without the frills.

• Visited July 2012