“Does it come with a free defibrillator?” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 20 Restaurants in Cheticamp
Ottawa, Canada
“Does it come with a free defibrillator?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The staff need a real lesson on cleaning hands with soap when coming out from cleaning bathroom. The floors are greasy, and the food is disgusting. The oil they use to cook with is old because everything comes out of fryer looking really dark. It has a nice view of the ocean which is the one positive I can say about the place. The tables and chairs are uncomfortable. Unless it comes with a free defibrillator stay away...

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sydney Mines, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Just enough food - You got the right stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have always seen this restaurant, but never stop and we always say next time. My girlfriend and I enjoy road trips so we decided to go and make a special trip for all the things which we always miss along the cabot trail each time we go around.

First on the list was Mr. Chicken, We wanted to go there to ensure we tried what everyone who comes from Cheticamp was raving about. I decided to get the breaded chicken burger and fries. It was good, it was just the right amount of food and didn't make you feel bloated afterwards, I felt it left just enough for the ice cream shop which is there, which I think is a great idea.

My girlfriend had the chicken fingers and I decided to try them, It was really good, and I noticed that the chicken burger was basically cut up chicken breaded and I liked it, but we didn't actually try their chicken, but we will be next time. There was a really nice lady who brought the food over to us and we enjoyed such a rain filled day with crossing something we both wanted to do off our list, and we really liked the view.

I had a sundae from the ice cream shop a dirt and worm one(it's gummy worms with crushed oreo sprinkled on whip cream and ice cream with chocolate syrup) and my girlfriend had a hot fudge sundea. Both were really good and we plan on stopping at the ice cream shop again and stopping here again.

I enjoyed the food, the service was a little less than friendly from the first woman, but the second woman who served us was really great, she was the another worker who was working in the chicken part of the area and waited while the other. I have to say that this was well worth the two hour drive there and back, I enjoyed it and it was really nice and reminded me of why we enjoy little towns such as this.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A terrible experience!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I decided to stop at Mr. Chicken for lunch last October .It was a windy,rainy day and as I stepped into the restaurant I slipped on the very wet floor. I couldn't believe that they didn't have a mat in front of the door. I hurt my elbow,hip and shoulder and had to be helped up by another customer.One of the employes eventually came over but didn't seem too concerned about my well being. Another employee. Came out later carrying a big piece of cardboard and some scotch tape?? She proceeded to foolishly tape this onto the "wet" floor! I am a 66 year old amateur photographer and now I am restricted in my ability to use my camera. I still have quite abit of pain from this fall and still am going for treatments. After sitting in a chair for a little while, I decided to have lunch,big mistake!! The chicken they served me was burnt looking and burnt tasting,I could not eat it at all and I was starving!!! I. owned a restaurant for over 30 years and knew exactly what the problem was , they were cooking their product in old oil, it was terrible,and to add insult to injury , they charged me the full price for the meal that I couldn't even eat. I often wonder if they ever went out and purchased a mat for in front of their door . It was a horrible experience from the moment I stepped into their building, I most definitely would never go back their again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Halifax, NS
“Good fried chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stopped here while visiting the CB Highlands National Park and Cabot Trail. The chicken was very good - tasty, juicy with a crisp coating, not too salty. Dining indoors would have been too hot so we enjoyed the view at the outdoor picnic tables.

Visited August 2012
Moncton, Canada
“Food Safety Issue”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stopped with my wife at Mr. Chicken for a dinner and couldn't believe what happened to us ! We ordered 2 meals with chicken and while waiting for the meals we saw things we should not see! The cashier (lady in her 50-ties) went to clean bathroom after taking orderes from customers. She kept the door open, so we could see the whole cleaning procedure. She started ( without gloves !!!) to clean the sink, then she continued with cleaning the mirror, and last she just took trash from the bin WITH HER BARE HANDS and transfered it into bin in dinnig room. WAIT!!! It doesn't stop there !!! She then WITHOUT WASHING HER HANDS and using only hand sanitizier went back to the serving window and took our meals with 2 bottles of Pepsi and brought it to us !!! She didn't bother to wash her hands and (as if nothing wrong was happening) brought our meals & pepsi bottles and napkins with plastic flat ware on the table. My wife and I were pure DISGUSTED !!!!

What hygiene standards do they follow? Do you still want to put your health at jeopardy and order a meal? By the way, the chicken was not great !! It was cooked in old burned oil and was extremely SALTY !!

I dont think the staff was ever trained for BASIC FOOD and SAFETY !!! Thinking of contacting a local Health Inspector !! Please BE AWARE !!

• Visited July 2012