“Best Haddock Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Cheticamp
“Best Haddock Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I am a local and I must commend the kitchen staff that the haddock dinner is the best in town..So if you are craving fish it is simply the best

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michele P, Owner at Hometown Kitchen, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hi and thanks for the great review! We are choosing not to have music as we feel that people need a place to go without music if they desire. :) Hope to see you again soon! From all the staff here at the Hometown Kitchen.

Halifax, Canada
“A bit disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I read about this restaurant before our trip to Cape Breton NS and really wanted to try it. I was so looking forward to having fish and chips for lunch. We were able to stop for lunch and order those fish and chips. When our meal came, the fish was perfect but the French fries were not very good. I love good French fries but ended up leaving most of mine behind as did my husband, the fries were limp and greasy. Something didn't quite work here and we were a bit disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Michele P, Owner at Hometown Kitchen, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hello and thanks for your candid review. I regret that you didn't like the fries as a tremendous amount of customers come here just for the fries. Maybe we were having a bad day the day you were here. :( Hopefully, you will give us another try the next time you are in Cheticamp. Have the waitress bring you a small helping to try them out and if they are still not to your liking, we do have frozen fries, Rice, Mashed and Baked Potato for other choices.
Cheers!
Dover, Delaware, United States
“The home of perfect seafood pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

There may be many excellent items on the menu at the Hometown (in fact we had a great breakfast there) but for me, the best item that they offer is their seafood pizza. After a day of hiking in the Highlands, the pizza fills that void nicely. I am from Chicago originally and I have tried all kinds of pizza there and elsewhere but the seafood pizza at the Hometown is my favorite.

Visited July 2013
Michele P, Owner at Hometown Kitchen, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Why thank you very much! Hope to see you again soon. :)
owner/operator
London, Canada
“Very good sea food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Pleasant experience, seafood was good. Steak not so much, but I have not found a decent steak anywhere on the island. Waitress was very good!

Visited July 2013
Michele P, Owner at Hometown Kitchen, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hi there,
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate all feedback. I am going to try and improve on the cut of steak for next year. :) Happy you liked the seafood.
Hope to see you again soon!
owner/operator
Greenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada
“homemade and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Fantastic. Everything on the table was awesome. Chicken wrap was great with a fresh salad with homemade poppy dressing. Fish and HOMECUT chips. I'm so impressed with a restaurant that does its own Tfries. Speggiti was huge with homemade sauc. Service was super friendly, Cindy. Only comment- why not homemade tarter sauce because it was the only item on the table not homemade. Everything so good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michele P, Owner at Hometown Kitchen, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thanks for the great review! Next year we will be making homemade Tartar sauce! :) and other sauces too! :)